Chapter 53

Shehnaaz was staring at Sidharth for a while now, he was fast asleep whereas she was wide awake. Afraid of how her conversation with her Aunt was going to be, she couldn't sleep and apart from that thoughts regarding her family accepting them, kept her awake. Their relationship was something she could never jeopardize but she was afraid her aunt was not going to approve of it. And above all that, she wasn't sure if Sidharth would understand how orthodox and shallow minded was the society where she came from. He surely wouldn't be able to relate because his upbringing was so modern, wise and different from hers.

She was having a hard time keeping her thoughts away from him as well, she was quite close with him and trusted him a lot as well, enough to believe that she should share her feelings and insecurities with him. By sharing these things with her boyfriend, she in a sense would be trusting him with her past baggage that were going to help him to understand her better and even help her get around those insecurities. She loved him, enough to reveal her insecurities but the slightest probability of him not comprehending the entire situation was troubling her. Otherwise it would be so nice to have someone who knew her from the inside-out and always had an idea how to keep up with her. And God forbid if those slightest probabilities had a chance, if he decided not to stand by her in this family matter of hers, if he failed to be the guy she wished him to be, it would be obvious that he wasn't the one but it was yet to be found out. It would shatter her for the worse and ruin her entire life ahead.

"Sidharth.." she whispered, all tucked under the quilt with him in the wee hours of the morning. She felt like she should talk it out soon when she couldn't find sleep the entire night. It was 5 and his alarm began to beep when she had finally closed her eyes.

"Uth baby, subha ho gayi. Tujhe jana hota hai workout karne." She shook him a little before making her way towards the washroom.

Sidharth woke up when she moved out of the bed, sighing and sitting up on the empty bed. Since when did she start waking up at 5? He wondered.

"Good Morning." She wished, walking out of the washroom and tying up her hair into a bun.

"Morning, come here." He replied, gesturing to her to come closer and then pulled her into his lap when she did. She giggled, wrapping her hands around him and sneaking it inside his tshirt.

"Abey!" He almost jumped at his place when her cold hands went inside his tshirt. She laughed, snuggling into him and resting her head on his chest.

"Tu itni subha kaise uth gayi? Ya soyi hi nahi?" He asked. She shrugged her shoulders, not wanting to answer and not wanting to lie to him either.

"Kya soch rahi hai?" He asked.

"Ke kitne alag hai na hum?" She replied and he waited for her to continue.

"Did you- I mean don't you think about how complicated me and my family are?" She asked him.

"I do." He replied.

"And do you think it could cause problems for us?" She asked again.

"It might." He shrugged.

"Toh tujhe uss baat se tension nahi hoti? Mujhe toh sari raat neend hi nahi aayi, ye soch ke ki jis situation me mai Chachi se mili. I really want her back in my life, Chachu and Amrit as well. Lekin.. in sab me bahut time lagega." She explained how she felt about it.

"Tu itna sab ek baar me kyu soch leti hai? Ek baar me ek problem solve karna. Pehle apne Chacha-Chachi ko mana le." He replied, shrugging his shoulders yet again.

"One thing at a time, tu pehle mana apne ghar walo ko." He added.

"Aur nahi maane toh?" She bit the corner of her lips nervously.