Chapter 78

"Chachi ka call aa raha tha jab tu naha rahi thi." Sidharth informed her when she stepped out of the room, dressed up for her day ahead.

"Arey, abhi call back nahi kar rahi mai. Chachi adha ghanta kha jayengi. Baat ki tune?" She shook her head, replying.

"Ha, haal chaal puch rahi thi." He shrugged, focusing back on his phone and checking on some messages.

Harjot who was once mad at them had made an effort to call them and talk it out. She knew the generation of these kids preferred keeping their relationship the way they wanted rather than the way she had been suggesting. She had calmed down within a few weeks when her husband explained her that what was important was the fact that the two loved each other, they stood up for each other. Since then she respected their wishes, even though she prayed everyday they'd break the good news of getting married.

"Office se seedha niklegi na?" He asked her about her day.

"Ha, as per the plan idhar Andheri me ek textile factory hai. Aur phir bhiwandi me ek bahot hi famous aur purani mill hai, udhar." She informed him while getting ready to leave for her research purpose.

"Bhiwandi? Itna dur hai yaha se! Kaise jayegi?" He looked up from his laptop to reply.

"Cab book kar lenge, actually hum 5-6 log jayenge bhiwandi. Syllabus me padha tha uss mill ke bare me, toh plan ban gaya." She replied, keeping a short notebook along with some pens in her tote bag.

"Okay, phone charged hai na? Paise hai na?" He asked.

"Ha, sab hai." She replied, checking herself out in the mirror.

"Water bottle?" He asked further.

"Check." She replied again, caressing her hair.

"Kuch khate peete rehna, paranthe rakh le nashte wale." He suggested.

"Ha, maine already pack kar liye hai." She replied, walking up to him and taking a seat on his lap, it made him keep his phone away.

"And keep me posted, location share kar dena." He asked.

"Fine!" She rolled her eyes, wrapping her hands around him.

"Aren't you being a little extra protective today?" She asked him.

"Excuse me! I'm simply looking out!" He replied, offended.

"Sidharth relax yaar, sab dost ban gaye hai mere. I'll be fine." She mentioned, squeezing his shoulders a little. Everybody in the office was planning to go somewhere or the other for research purposes, a couple of days back they came up with an idea to visit the mills together. However, Shehnaaz was the only girl in the group because Aditi had her own plans and denied to join them.

"Hmm." He didn't wish to scare her because he was simply stating the facts that women weren't entirely safe out there however if she said they were her friends, he believed her and dropped her off to Stitched and Darned.

"Chal bye! Tu so jana, parso tera event hai. You need to be good as well." She mentioned, taking her leave.

"Yep! Bye! You take care!" He replied, putting the reverse gear.

"Ha Sachin, I'm on my way." He called a guy over the phone and instead of making his way home, he drove away towards a jewellery store.

"Hi Sidharth! Sorry for calling you at such short notice." Sachin smiled, welcoming him.

"Kya baat kar raha hai? I should be thanking you for getting me my package before time!" Sidharth replied, following the guy's lead.

A couple of months ago, he had visited a jewellery exhibition of one of his acquaintances while Shehnaaz used to be busy with her classes and assignments. Even though he wanted to wait till she was done with her degree, he couldn't help but place an order when a particular work of art came infront of him. It was the most beautiful ring he had ever seen, not only he was mesmerized by it's design but couldn't help himself imagining it on his girlfriend's hand. It was unplanned, hence he hid it from her to not to lead her on and distract her from her goals.