Chapter 44

Sidharth was delighted, his family had welcomed Shehnaaz quite warmly and comfortably, it was expected though. Since his previous break up, all his sisters were trying to do was to set him up with a girl and help him move on. And his day couldn't have been better, watching his girl cook for him or trying to cook for him.

"Aise mat dekh na. I know perfect parathe nahi ban rahe hai lekin taste sahi aayega." She told him, looking at her disfigured paratha.

No wonder her sister didn't eat when she used to cook for her, those amateur dishes would have been hard for the girl to digest as well. She had almost left cooking since she had moved out of Amrit's place but she started trying her luck in the kitchen again since Sidharth didn't complain at all, he rather praised her.

"Maine kuch bola kya? Bas bhook lagi hai, isliye aaya hu." He replied, grabbing a plate from the side.

"Ha bas okay, ye le." She slipped a paratha into his plate through the spatula in her hand.

"Butter hai?" She asked.

"Nahi, mai dahi me khata hu." He replied, serving himself a cup of curd.

"Tu bhi dahi me khayegi? Butter nahi hai." He mentioned, checking out the contents for butter.

"Ha ha, kha lungi." She nodded, busy rolling another paratha.

"Hmm." He nudged her with his hand and when she turned back, he offered her a morsel dipped in curd.

"Aa kar!" He said, forwarding the morsel into her mouth and mistakenly smeared a little bit of curd around her lips.

"Mhm! Muh kholne bola tha." He frowned, wiping her lips with the back of his hand then.

And she was in awe of this guy, her Sidharth, who really was the sweetest of all. She pouted her lips, leaning forward and pecked his cheeks and continued to cook their breakfast.

It was post lunch when they were talking and a text from his secretary popped up. "I totally forgot about this meeting. Lemme just make a quick call and come back okay." He told her, excusing himself for a moment.

She nodded, scrolling through her social media to find out Amrit had posted a picture of herself with her family on instagram, it looked like she was visiting her parents. Shehnaaz had a sweet smile adorning her face as she took her time to look at her uncle and aunt. They loved her a lot once. She wished she was there in this picture, with them, all happy and together. She wondered if that was even possible now.

"Ek meeting hai kal, dinner hai clients ke sath and I really don't know what I'm gonna wear. Help me out here?" He called out for her, bringing her out of her thoughts.

She nodded, following him into his wardrobe, where she found a stock full of black suits, no wonder that was his most chosen shade. His bed, curtains, desks, everything was designed black.

"Ye thik rahega?" He pulled out a three piece suit, again black.

"Nah. Three pieces is a bit too much. Try this." She replied, pulling out a pair of navy blue slim fit blazers and pants.

"White shirt. No tie." She added, checking out the material of the suit.

"You sure?" He asked her, no doubt her choice was smooth and commendable but he wanted to know what was wrong with his choice.

"Ha, vaise event pe bhi depend karta hai. How formal is it?" She replied.

"Not very formal. I've worked with these people often." He said, thinking about it.

"Toh ye acha rahega. Ek baar try karna." She said, pushing the suit she pulled out, into his hands.

"Abhi?" He asked.