Chapter 70

Back in Mumbai, Sidharth and Shehnaaz were tired and stuck in the traffic in the middle of the night. He kept looking at the cars jammed in front of them to check if they were moving and keeping an eye on his watch whilst yawning in between. It had been an hour since they were in the cab, moving ahead real slow.

"Nind aa rahi hai? Thodi der aankhe band karle, mai jag rahi hu." She told him.

"Nahi yaar. Mai jab bhi car me soya hu, I've always woken up with a stiff neck." He replied, fishing out a water bottle from his bag pack.

"Pani?" He offered her after having his sip.

"Nah." She shook her head. She was resting her back against her seat tiredly and saw Sidharth scrolling through his phone to deliberately stay awake. She could see how stressed his eyes were and he was purposely trying to keep them open.

She shifted closer to him, wrapping her hand around his and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Abhi tik ja mere sar pe." She told him and he rested his head upon hers.

"Aise?" He did as asked.

"Ha!" She replied.

"Tu toh bol rahi thi nahi soyegi?" He asked her.

"Ha, mai nahi soungi. Sona toh tujhe bhi nahi hai. Sirf chotu sa nap lele." She replied.

"I'll be fine, rehne de." He mentioned.

"Comfortable nahi hai?" She raised her head and asked.

"Comfortable hai. Bas tu hil mat." He gave in, loosening up a little and taking good support of her head.

"Hmm." She replied, caressing his hand around hers.

She slowly felt his hand around hers slackening and she got the hint that he had dozed off. She smiled and maintained her posture, but it wasn't for long until her smile faded away. He must be so tired, he took two flights in a single day for her. The more she wished to think about something else, the more difficult it became to not think about what happened back at her place.

Apart from that, something didn't feel right. She felt like there was something in the moment that was bothering him. She wanted to look and sound sincere and apologise not just for the sake of saying sorry since she had called him urgently, she felt like was responsible for all he had to go through and she wanted to know how she could set everything right. After a dreadful hour, they reached her place.

"Sidharth. Get up we're here!" She shook him.

"Hmm." He fluttered his eyes open and looked around.

"What time is it?" He whispered, still in the daze.

"2 baj gaye kab ke. Chal aaja." She replied, slipping out of the cab. He carried their bags upstairs while she quickly unlocked the door.

"You wanna freshen up and change first?" She opened the door to her bedroom only to find him dumping himself on the bed instead and gestured her to go with his hand. She shook her head and grabbed her nightwear to change.

When she returned, he was all tucked inside the covers while his shoes were lying around recklessly on the floor. "I love you so much." She mumbled, pecking his cheek lightly before getting inside the quilt with him and calling it a night after such a long-hard day.

Time flew by the next day when they woke up late and hurried themselves to their respective workplaces. "Aa gayi madam, maike se?" Mary welcomed Shehnaaz with a typical boss face.

"Waise toh mai sabke paise kaat leti hu lambi chhutti lene pe. Lekin tujhe maaf kiya, kaisa rahi trip?" She further asked.

"Thik nahi thi Aunty." Shehnaaz answered in a small voice.