Chapter 52

Shehnaaz was stunned, scared, happy, excited, nervous and worried at the same time to see her aunt and Amrit standing behind her with an equally surprised face.

"Sana?! Tu yaha?" Amrit's mother, Harjot, was surprised as well.

"Ha Chachi, kaise ho aap?" Shehnaaz took a step forward, in order to greet her aunt.

"Thik hu." The aunt replied, still zoned.

"Amrit tujhe pata tha Sana yaha hai?" She asked her daughter.

"Nahi Ma!" Amrit shook her head immediately, gesturing to her sister to not reveal anything they had in front of her mother.

"Amrit-" Shehnaaz tried to speak up but stopped herself soon.

"Pata nahi tha Sana bhi yahi rehti hai. Batao!" Amrit nervously laughed.

"Apni Ma se jhoot bol rahi hai? Tu janti thi Sana yahi hai, haina? Teri shakal pe ek bhi shikan nahi hai!" Harjot replied, she caught her daughter lying. She knew the girls had already met from the moment she saw their comfortable eye contact.

"Chachu kiven hain? Tuhade naal aaye hain?" Shehnaaz asked, changing the topic.

"Jiven tu ini parwaah kardi ae?" Harjot asked back with a straight face, eyeing the tall guy in between who stood adjacent to them.

"Ae Munda kaun hai? Tera khasam lagda?" She asked next.

"Ye Sidharth hai, Chachi." Shehnaaz pulled Sidharth ahead, introducing him to her aunt immediately.

"Namaste." He curtly greeted, utterly displeased the way her aunt had behaved with her in the past minute. But he didn't know how to comprehend all of it since they had a past, maybe the lady in front of him wasn't that bad maybe she was.

"Namaste." Her aunt nodded, acknowledging the guy's greetings and turning to look back at her niece.

"Chachi, mai janti hu aap naraz ho mujhse. I'm sorry, galti kari thi maine. Aap- chachi, ek baar mujhe Chachu se milne do. Maine unse bhi maafi mangni hai." Shehnaaz gathered some courage and came directly to the point. She knew that her aunt would not so easily want to reconcile with her after all the humiliatn she brought them. But if they could at least forgive her then she could live that way.

"Sana, tu janti hai mera jawab." Harjot replied sternly and then gestured to her daughter to follow her out of that section.

"Chachi please! Meri gal ta sunlo." Shehnaaz requested, coming in their way.

"Sana, yaha market me tamasha mat kar." Amrit contradicted, not wanting people to watch them argue in the middle of a supermarket.

"Chachi, mere ghar chalo. Aap gussa ho, daant lo, maar lo lekin meri baat sunlo please. Meko pata hai yadi maine abhi aapse baat nahi ki, phir mauka nahi milega." Shehnaaz said because she knew Amrit would not let her come across her aunt and uncle ever again.

Amrit was worried Shehnaaz's face could the memories of mortification and shame back and might affect his health again, even Shehnaaz was worried about the same but she couldn't live in peace after knowing that her aunt and uncle were in the same city as hers and she couldn't see them. Forgiving her and reconciling with her was going to be their decision, if they wanted to keep in touch with her she'd be glad but if they didn't want her anywhere around them, she'd respect it as well.

Harjot looked at the girl infront of her, her niece, she had always treated her like her own daughter and made sure the girl felt like home with them after her parents demise. Things were going good so far and they wanted to get her married into a good family like it was their duty towards her parents. But she ran away and ruined everything, she took her mother's jewelry as well and eloped without thinking about the consequences.