Chapter 51

It had been a week since Preeti and Abhyukt were home, that's what they named her child. It meant God, Krishna Ji to be precise and someone who is determined and independent, they are born leaders headed for success. He was a cute-little healthy bean in the family who had all the attention to himself now. Every morning after he was fed, his parents would draw him a good warm bath followed by a nice full body massage from his grandmother and then the rest of the family members would play with him for a while till it would be time for his other meal.

There was a small function organised to celebrate the arrival of the newborn, announce his name among everyone and have a small pooja as well. There were a lot of guests, all the relatives, family friends, friends and neighbours who were invited to attend the function and bless the baby and his mother.

"This is Tanya, Mrs Tiwari's daughter, isi ki baat kar rahi thi mai." One of their aunts showed her a picture of a girl and further filled them with her bio data during the course of dinner.

"Rita aati toh mai iske aur Sidharth ke rishte ki baat karti." Mami mentioned. Neetu widened her eyes at that, she knew her brother would be mad at her if he got to know. He had been mad at them for such reasons once, she didn't want to repeat the episode now that her brother was in a relationship already.

"Um, Mami, mujhe lagta Sid abhi shaadi ke mood me nahi hai. Aap toh jante ho usko!" Neetu chuckled, trying to budge off the topic.

"Mood? Beta shaadi ka koi mood nahi hota. Aur 35 ka ho gaya hai ladka, ab nahi toh kab karega shaadi?" Mami replied, quite dedicated to the matter and looked around for her nephew.

"Sidharth beta." She called him when she found him.

"Ha Mami? Khana wana acha laga na?" He replied.

"Ha, khana bohot acha bana hai lekin ek baat mujhe achi nahi lagi." She mentioned.

"Kya?" He asked, eyeing his sister. Nothing was ever enough for their aunt!

"Shaadi kyu nahi kar raha hai tu? Itni achi ladki ka rishta layi hu mai tere liye!" The lady insisted, caressing his face.

"Arey Mami, meri shaadi ka tension Mom pe chhodo na! Aap ne gulab jamun try kiya?" He replied, rolling his eyes at them.

"Thik hai na, mai Rita se hi baat karungi!" She stated, when the boy didn't pay any heed to her offer.

"Kitna shaadi karwane ka shauk hai unko?" He sighed, once their aunt left and chuckled with his sister.

"Karle shaadi, chup ho jayenge sare." Neetu teased him.

"Shaadi." He snorted, recalling how they used to joke about getting married.

"Hass kyu raha hai? Shehnaaz se iss bare me baat nahi ki tune?" Neetu asked, confused.

"Aaja. Baat karte hai." Sidharth shrugged off his shoulders. Marriage was not on his plate now, he didn't really have any idea if they were going to get married anytime soon.

The brother sister duo walked over to the hall inside and gestured to Shehnaaz to come over.

"Kuch chahiye?" Shehnaaz asked as she carried a couple of plates loaded with snacks herself.

"Ha. Shaadi karegi?" He asked her.

"Ha, kab karni hai?" She replied, as she ate her noodles as casually as she usually would.

Neetu looked at the couple in front of her in disbelief and gave up the idea of even asking.

"Got it." Neetu whispered to herself, her brother and his girlfriend were crazy.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें