Chapter 12

"Hii! Tu bakery me hai?" Sidharth called Shehnaaz's in the morning.

"Good Morning to you too, subha ke 8 baje bakery nahi khulti Sidharth. Tu kaam bol." She replied, wondering why he's in such a hurry.

"Mujhe cupcakes chahiye the chocochip vale! Preeti ko pasand aaye the last time." He mentioned.

"Ho jayega, kab tak chahiye?" She asked, while locking out her flat to make her way towards the Sprinkles.

"Abhi 2 ghante me? I'll pay double, jaldi ready karwa degi please." He requested.

"Paise ki baat nahi hai! Kal se orders aaye huye hai aur hum sequence me tayyari chalu karte hai, tujhe pehle bolna tha." She replied, getting offended that he tried to offer her more money.

"No! No. Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. Arey yaar.." he sighed.

"Kya hua?" She inquired.

"Aaj Rakshabandhan hai, phir meri ek behen wapas chali jayegi. Mujhe dono ko manana hai, lad ke baitha hu dono se." He answered, getting ready to attend the function at his sister's place.

Shehnaaz chuckled, he sounded so desperately cute and also, she recalled how she used to fight with her sister, Amrit, for anything and everything like crazy.

"Hass mat, it's serious." He snapped at her.

"Thik hai, ban jayenge tere cupcakes. Aa jaiyo." She agreed, for his sister.

Once she reached the bakery and opened it, Bindu and Vicky arrived soon. A little that she had dressed up for the day because the girls had decided to celebrate the festival with Vicky. It was such an emotional moment for them, the fact that the little boy never knew what it felt to have sisters was going to have two by now.

"Thank you!" He gratefully hugged them and fed them chocolates because too that was all he could afford.

"Ye le!" Bindu handed him a gift.

"Hum dono ki taraf se." Shehnaaz added.

"Kya hai ye?" He asked, the box wrapped in colourful paper was neither heavy nor light. As much as he wished to be able to give them something, he was surprised they bought him a gift.

"Khol ke dekh!" Shehnaaz giggled excitedly.

"Okay. Oh shit! What th- it's a Samsung Galaxy F13!!!! Thank you so much! Tumlog ko pata tha mai phone ke liye paise jama kar raha tha?" Vicky was in tears by the end of it. The gift in itself wasn't very expensive but priceless to be given to someone in need. He looked up at his two new sisters and hugged them tight.

"Ha pata tha. Rondu bacche!" Bindu chuckled, patting his back, calming him down and then clicking a few selfies.

A little later after their mini celebration then and there, all of them got back to work when Sidharth arrived to take away his order.

"Hii! Cupcakes ready hai?" He just barged in.

"Hanji, ready hai. Bas pack nahi hua hai, just a minute." Shehnaaz nodded, walking off to the kitchen and beginning with the cardboard packaging.

"Yahi hai wo, apan jab 3-4 din pehle ek delivery karne gaye the na." Vicky whispered to Bindu, letting her know about their friend's friend.

"Kya baat kar rahe ho tum dono? Vicky ja samne, customer aaya hai. Puchle kuch aur chahiye ho toh aur bill ready karde!" Shehnaaz instructed the boy and got the parcel packed.

In a plain lime yellow T-shirt paired with denims, Sidharth looked soberly dressed up for any event.

"Next time pehle bata dena!" She reminded him, handing him the box.