Chapter 66

Shehnaaz just couldn't concentrate on anything the entire day, she just wanted to run into her room and test herself out but she just couldn't do the pregnancy test at any time of the day. Also, she was trying to contact Sidharth who was so busy with God knew what! She had been dialing his number for a while but he just wouldn't receive it.

"Yeh le." Amrit handed her sister a packet full of pregnancy kits later in the night.

"Itne sare kit? 3 ka kya karungi mai?" Shehnaaz was confused.

"Arey ek se confirm nahi hota. Just to make sure, maine zyada le liye." Amrit replied.

"Okay. Toh isko kal subha test karungi. Haaye, mere se raha nahi ja raha hai, abhi raat ko test karlu? Dar ke maare aise hi susu lag rahi hai." Shehnaaz wondered.

"Nahi! Kal subha, jab neend khulte sath lagti hai washroom. Tab karna." Amrit replied and shook her head.

"Okay.. iska user manual padh leti hu ek baar." Shehnaaz mumbled, opening the packet and pulling out a folded paper from the box besides the device.

"Remove the plastic cap to expose the absorbent window. Point the absorbent tip with 5 small openings directly into.. Yeh? Isme 5 small openings kaha hai? Aur absorbent window matlab?" She asked herself, thinking if she should watch a tutorial on YouTube for better understanding.

"Arey, ruk mai batati hu." Amrit replied, pulling out the device and uncapping it.

"Yeh hai wo end jo test karta hai. Ispe urine jana chahiye, yeh absorb karke batayega aur yaha pe do lines aayengi yadi test positive hota hai toh. Pink line bani hui hai ek pehle se, dekh?" She explained to her sister.

"Tujhe bada pata hai?" Shehnaaz asked, squinting her eyes at her younger sister doubtfully.

"Woh, woh na, arey tere liye research kiya maine!" Amrit chuckled.

"Ha, badi fikar rehti hai tujhe meri!' Shehnaaz scoffed, she understood her sister knew it better because she had used a test kit once.

"Mummy ko mat batana. Please." Amrit whispered with an apologetic face.

"Chachi ko bata ke marna hai maine?" Shehnaaz chuckled, taking the test kit from Amrit's hands.

She kept staring at the test kit she had just placed under the sink inside her bathroom. Never in her entire life she had thought she'd be in such a situation. Getting pregnant before getting married? She didn't care about the world but about her family she had just reconciled with. Her only people besides her parents who had brought her up and looked after her. She was so scared, what if it turns out she was actually pregnant? How would her aunt react?

She'd probably throw her out of her house and family again. Her uncle who was the sweetest of all the men out there would be so ashamed of her. She didn't want to lose these people, they loved her and she loved them a lot to bring them another episode of humiliation and disappointment by breaking their trust and faith in her.

She just couldn't help these thoughts and stirred continuously in the bed trying to fall asleep when her phone rang.

"Teri problem kya hai? Kab se call kar rahi hu, kuch important hoga tabhi toh lagatar call kar rahi hongi na!" She shouted the moment Sidharth called her back so late.

"Woah calm down. Meeting chal rahi thi aur phone silent pe tha. I had no idea." He replied, quite taken back by the way she was snapping at him.

"Had no idea. Itna sa bolke ho gaya? Yaar maine kabhi tujhe meeting ke beech me call kiya? Aaj kar rahi hu toh kuch reason hoga na!" She continued to argue.