Chapter 71

"Aur positive aata toh, tab kya karti tu? Would you have aborted the baby?" Sidharth had asked Shehnaaz bluntly.

"What??!!" She is taken aback by the question.

"How could- why would I? Sidharth, why would I abort the baby?" She asked back.

"Ye kya bol raha hai tu? Mai aisa kyu karungi? Mai aisa kaise kar sakti hu? Tu pagal ho gaya hai kya?" She just wasn't able to settle down with his question.

"I don't know." He replied.

"Tune aisa kyu pucha? Why do you think I'd do something like that?" She scooted closer to him, asking.

"I- I don't know. Family pressure." He shrugged, now that the topic was finally on the table he had asked her the question he had been meaning to. It was uncomfortable but he wanted an answer.

"Nahi. Nahi Sidharth. Mai kisi bhi situation me aisa nahi karungi. I love you! Mai kyu karungi aisa?" She replied, wondering what went so wrong that he  believed she'd abort their baby.

"Family ka pressure hai, lekin.. lekin koi hume alag thodi na karna chahta hai! Wo toh pregnancy scare hua isliye shaadi ke liye bol rahe the. There's no reason for me to abort it!" She explained, taking his hand in hers.

"Toh tu kyu negative results ki ratt laga kar baithi thi?" He asked, agitated and confused at the same time.

"Chachi ke darr se! Aise hi itni strict, purane khayalo wali orthodox si hai wo. Unke dar se! Sidharth itne mushkil se aur itne time ke baad meri family ne mujhe wapas accept kiya tha. I didn't wanna lose them again!" She replied, looking at him with eyes full of hope.

"Right. Right." A humourless chuckle escaped his lips as he slowly pulled his hand out of her embrace. It had always been the case, nothing new to him. His feelings had always been subsided and not taken care of. His name wasn't even in the list of her worrisome priorities, it hurt. Nor in Ishita's list neither in Shehnaaz's, such was his life.

"Kya?" She asked, gaining his attention and he simply shook his head disapprovingly.

"Nothing. It's okay." He replied, getting up to make his way towards his bedroom.

"Sidharth! Kya nothing? Bolna!" She came in his way, bothered with the change in his attitude.

"I'm sorry. Mai sachi me dar gayi thi, wo mujhe phirse nikal dete apni family se toh?" She replied, on the verge of breaking down.

"Toh? Nikal toh vaise bhi diya? Ab?" He countered and she didn't know how to come up with a response.

"Tujhe jis baat ka dar tha, woh toh ho gaya. Ab jo teri Chachi tere sath nahi hai, tujhe meri yaad aa rahi hai? Abhi mera khayal aa raha hai, abhi lag raha hai ke tune mere bare me nahi socha, abhi bura lag raha hai mere liye? Ha?!" He asked her, nudging her to answer. She blinked her tears away, taking a hold of his hands again when he'd continuously shrug off her hand.

"Aisa nahi hai Sidharth. Tu sabse pehle hai mere liye, aise mat bol. Mai janti hu tujhe hurt kiya hai maine, isliye tu gusse me hai." She replied.

He sighed, not wanting to rant it out on her unnecessarily and sauntered into his bedroom. This was not her fault, she didn't intentionally hurt him. She didn't break him, he was already broken and on the mend. When he didn't find himself in her priorities, he felt dejected and left out like he had been when Ishita had suddenly disappeared from his life. Even though the situation was entirely different, he couldn't help but recall how miserable that feeling was. Back then, he didn't want to fall for anyone ever again but destiny had it's own plans. He met Shehnaaz and she just made her way into his life like anything.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें