Chapter 19

"Kitchen ke lights aur exhaust band kiya na?" Mary asked while closing Sprinkles during the night.

"Han Aunty. Darwaza bhi laga diya hai." Shehnaaz replied.

"Hmm, aaj tu cycle se nahi aayi?" Mary asked again, once they locked the main gate.

"Nahi, aaj kal barish hoti rehti hai subah subah. Paidal aayi hu." Shehnaaz replied.

"Acha, chal phir aage chowk tak sath chalte hai. Aaj meri car servicing me gayi hai." Mary replied, walking along with Shehnaaz.

"Abhi next Monday na, mera bhai aur uski family Mumbai aa rahi hai. Toh mai tujhe chabi de dungi, beech me kuch din sambhal lena jab mai nahi aa paungi." Mary spoke.

"Han Aunty, koi tension nahi. Mai sambhal lungi." Shehnaaz replied.

"Aap unko Sprinkles le ke aana! Hum bhi mil lenge unse." She added, smiling.

"Ha, bilkul." Mary replied, smiling equally.

"Acha, wo customer nahi aata aaj kal?" Mary asked her.

"Kon aunty?" Shehnaaz asked back.

"Jisko madam ne free me coffee pilayi, jiske liye please please bolke order jaldi ready karwaye hai!" Mary teased and Shehnaaz's mouth was left open, too surprised to know that her boss already knew about Sidharth's arrival at their place.

"Yeh Vicky na aunty, uske pait me kuch pachta nahi hai! Wo, umm, bas ek friend hai." She was embarrassed when her boss gave her mischievous smiles.

Even though she was upset that she didn't know if they were still friends or not. After Sidharth didn't receive her calls for a couple of days, he finally called back. He said he couldn't attend her calls because he was busy and she had stopped calling him since then. It was an excuse, a fully fledged excuse that meant he didn't want her calling him. She took the hint and it had been three days since then.

"Friend hai bhi ki nahi, pata nahi ab." She mumbled.

"Matlab, aunty. I, I think I loved him and I didn't know if he felt the same. Jaise hi maine usey bataya, wo bada uncomfortable ho gaya aur phir kafi time se humari baat nahi hui." She enlightened the lady about it. Skipping the kissing part though.

Mary was their namesake's boss, she was in fact no less than a guardian who had been helping her since the day they had met. The place currently Shehnaaz was living in, was arranged by Mary. She was a very caring woman who loved to help people like that. She had helped Vicky to get a hostel and be a local guardian to him on the papers as well. She did consider her employees like a family. She had been working since a very young age so that her brother could study at a good place, making sure her brother got settled well too irrespective of staying single till date.

"Kab se janti hai usey?" Mary inquired.

"Bohot zyada time nahi hua hai, do mahine jaise kuch." Shehnaaz replied to find Mary's eyes widening.

"Not even two months into it and you think you love him?" The lady was amazed whereas the girl shrugged her shoulders and looked away to hide her embarrassment.

"Shehnaaz, mai tera mazak nahi bana rahi hu beta. Tu thik hai, yahi jaan na chahti hu." She clarified herself.

"Mai bas dukhi hu aunty kyuki Sidharth acha ladka hai. Usey mere liye koi feelings hai, na sahi. Lekin mujhe aise ignore kiya usne." She replied.

"Pata nahi kyu? Busy tha, yeh bhi koi excuse hota hai?" She questioned herself, really upset.

"Karta kya hai wo?" Mary inquired, getting protective about her when it seemed to her that Shehnaaz really liked him.