Chapter 67

"Mere se nahi dekha jayega! Tu bata!" Shehnaaz walked out of her washroom to let Amrit see the results for her.

"Pehla negative, dusra bhi negative. Teesra.. umm- yeh toh positive hai." Amrit replied, herself shocked while looking closely at those sticks. Shehnaaz who had been crossing her fingers till now ran back in and analysed those test kits herself.

"Dikha? Kidhar?" She took that tool in her hand and found a thin line next to the previously drawn pink line.

"Iska kya matlab?" She looked at her sister.

"Do line toh hai na, yeh wala positive hai." Amrit replied, equally confused.

"Ab??!!" Shehnaaz's hand was almost shivering. Her other hand unknowingly reached out to her stomach and caressed it, wondering if there was a life inside her.

"Dekh, do negative aaya hai. It should probably mean you're not pregnant, you know. 2 by 3." Amrit mentioned.

"Yeah, yeah. I think you're right." Shehnaaz sighed, still staring at the positively tested pregnancy kits.

"Lekin Sana ek me positive kyu aaya?" Amrit asked.

"Tu na! Confuse mat kar yaar! Meri already fatti padi hai!" Shehnaaz snapped at her sister.

"Ek aur test kit le aaye? Confirm karne ke liye?" She suggested.

"Nahi!! Mai phir koi bahane bana ke tere liye aur nahi la sakti! Kal wo pharmacist kitna ghoor rahi thi mujhe jab maine test kit manga tha." Amrit clearly denied her request.

"Aur itni subha! Time dekh, subha ke 6 baje yaha aas paas kuch nahi milega." She added.

"Hey Waheguru! Hun ki kara?" Shehnaaz asked, holding her head with both the hands worriedly.

"Tu clinic me ja ke test karwa le ab seedha. Wo test confirm karke batata hai sab kuch." Amrit suggested.

"Acha, thik hai." Shehnaaz nodded.

"Jab Sidharth aayega na, uske sath chali jaungi." She added, watching her clock and calculating how long he was to arrive.

"Sidharth? Tune usse kyu bula liya? Wo kya karega yaha aake?" Amrit asked.

"Arey itni tension me thi mai. Kuch samajh nahi aa raha tha." Shehnaaz answered.

"Aur tu uska naam tameez se le, bohot bada hai tere se!" She added, pointing it out to her sister and subtly warning her so that she'd behave and be nice infront of him.

"Ha, ha. Thik hai." Amrit nodded awkwardly, she didn't mean to disrespect the guy in any way. She knew her sister's boyfriend was a nice and genuine guy, now that they had been together for a while, but she never tried to make an effort to get along with him after she had fought with her sister.

As the day proceeded, Shehnaaz told her Uncle and Aunt about Sidharth's arrival during the course of breakfast. "Tu abhi bata rahi hai? Pehle batana tha na, khane me kuch acha banane ke liye saman mangwati! Meethe me banane ke liye kuch nahi hai mere paas!" Harjot said, mentally making a list of items she'd immediately require for the meal.

"Ha, pehle batana tha! Harjot ka jawai aa raha hai." Jagjit teased his niece.

"Chachu?" Shehnaaz gasped.

"Acha sorry, jawai toh vyah ke baad hoga na. Sana ka boyfriend aa raha hai." Jagjit corrected himself and laughed along with Amrit while Shehnaaz began to blush.

"Bas karo Chachu!" She whined, focusing on her breakfast.

"Oye sharmili! Usko ek ghante pehle hi lene chali jana, aaj kal traffic kitna hota hai! Aur chalo guest room di safai karo sare, ithhe living room wich vi kinni dust bhari payi hai." Harjot instructed everybody and they began with all the cleaning.