Chapter 37

It had been 3 days and Shehnaaz was too busy to spare some time with Sidharth to hangout with him. If he spent time contemplating or analyzing his feelings about this uneasiness he had developed when she wasn't around, the conflicts could arise because there were inconsistencies between his beliefs and his feelings. All the thinking was driving him crazy before he knew it. His brain was sending out multiple thoughts which were triggering a myriad of feelings inside about the possibility that either she was deliberately ignoring him but he didn't know why because he really didn't do anything.

What amazed him was the fact that he was so tempted to contact her anyhow to know that she was fine and what happened when she met Amrit. However, this distance between him and Shehnaaz was offering greater clarity which was getting muddled up with deep feelings. Meaning the more he thought or felt or analyzed, the more he ended up getting comprehensible. It was a positive feedback loop. He was in a situation, not under his control, he had thoughts and feelings for her, strong ones.

"Happy Happy Diwali!" Shehnaaz had called Sidharth to wish.

"Happy Diwali! Bohot shor ho raha hai!" He replied, there was a lot of chaos on the other side.

"Arey yaha bacche fatake chala rahe hai, phir chilla chilla ke bhaag rahe hai!" She laughed while replying.

"Nayi building achi hai ha?" He asked her.

"Ha, kafi ache log hai." She answered, walking into her home and shutting the door to get away from the noise out there.

"Subha mai Sprinkles gayi thi, waha rangoli bana ke aayi tabhi neeche compound me ladkiyan badi si rangoli bana rahi thi. Mai bhi help karne lagi, wahi dosti ho gayi unse." She added.

"That's nice." He replied.

"The people here are nice! Hah, diwali achi rahi yaar. Mai kham-kha dukhi ho rahi thi. Arey! Usse yaad aaya ke maine Amrit ko call kiya tha kal." She mentioned.

"Mhm." He said, letting her continue. Even though he wasn't interested in getting to know about her sister, he couldn't stop Shehnaaz from blabbering.

"Usne bola uske office walo ke sath plans hai toh hum kal dinner pe milenge." She told him further.

"Okay." He simply listened, it was her matter, Amrit was her sister and he thought it would be better if he didn't interfere because once when he did, she didn't listen to him.

"I don't know Sidharth, mai bas koi kadwahat nahi rakhna chahti uske aur mere beech. Mai badi hu, toh mujhe thoda maturely baat ko handle karna chahiye tha." She said, recalling the argument that made her leave her sister's place. Maybe talking and clearing things out with Amrit was a better option than letting the misunderstandings occupy the space, already she had wasted days without staying in touch with her.

"Maturely?" He asked, switching the topic subtly. Her tone, her voice and the conversation was no longer joyful and he could totally sense her getting low about her sister. Because she expected her sister to agree and celebrate the festival together however he knew Amrit wouldn't, the girl had been so mean already that he had seen it coming.

"Ha mera matlab hai ke, samajhdari se. Kyuki ladai karke toh misunderstanding hi honi hai." She clarified what she meant.

"Toh tujhe lagta hai tu samajhdar hai?" He asked again.

"Ha wahi mai- ek second!" She was replying when she paused herself upon realizing his pun.

"Kutte! Kamine! Yaha mai serious baatein kar rahi hu aur tu hai ke!" She charged at him when she heard him laugh on the other end and hung up on him.