Chapter 55

Sidharth entered 'Sprinkles' to see Shehnaaz and to apologise to her for his words last night.

"Hello Aunty." He greeted Mary.

"Good Morning! Aao baitho." She greeted him back and gestured to him to take a seat.

"Bohot dino baad aaye, kaise ho?" She asked.

"All good, aap kaisi ho?" He replied gently, through her behaviour he could make out Shehnaaz hadn't revealed anything to her.

"Bas thik hu. What will you have?" She asked him.

"Oh nothing. Mai Shehnaaz se milne aaya hu." He answered.

It was a matter of a few minutes when the girl he had been waiting for appeared, in a white T-shirt paired with denims under the cafe's apron, with a tray in her hands. She was smiling at the people she was serving but her face dropped the moment she saw him. She knew why he was here, she had expected him after she switched off her phone last night.

Mary was noticing all of it, the eye lock and then Shehnaaz walking out of the cafeteria to avoid him. "What did you do now?" She walked over to him to ask.

He was not surprised to hear that from the lady, he knew she was protective about Shehnaaz. "We argued." He replied, looking apologetic.

"Help karo na, Aunty." He added.

Mary rolled her eyes, giving in and walking back to her place in the counter. She pressed the call bell from her table to call Shehnaaz, however Vicky appeared at the service.

"Shehnaaz ko bhej." Mary told him.

"Usi ne mujhe bheja, bahar nahi aa rahi." Vicky replied, waving at Sidharth shortly.

"Isse zyada kya help karu mai?" Mary shrugged her shoulders, dismissing Vicky. There was a lot of rush in the cafeteria today, how could it not be, people were hanging out on the weekend with their friends and family celebrating the new year's eve.

"Ek cake order karna hai." He suggested to Mary as soon as he came up with an idea and decided to wait till it was ready.

It was noon, Shehnaaz had peeked out of the kitchen to find him working on his laptop at the same table. She was angry at him and wondered what he wanted to prove by doing that.

"Problem kya hai teri?" She stormed towards him.

"Baat karni hai." He replied, shutting the screen down.

"Sidharth ja apne office, nahi karni koi baat mujhe." She said, holding back her urge to fight.

"Just listen to me once okay. Kal raat ko jo maine bola, mera wo matlab nahi tha. I didn't mean it at all." He calmly replied without beating around the bush.

"Acha?" She asked sarcastically, sounding surprised and interested now.

"Toh kya bolna chahta tha? Kya matlab tha tera?" She took a seat on the table and asked him. He took a deep breath, not wanting to get mad at the way she was mocking him.

"Bas gusse me bol diya tha. I am sorry, I didn't mean to actually say that." He said, awaiting her reaction. She did calm down a little, nodding and keeping her hands crossed on the table in order to prep herself up to talk to him.