Chapter 38

You okay? Amrit ne kuch bola?" Sidharth had asked.

"Mhm." Shehnaaz didn't intend on telling him about the dinner but she couldn't hold back herself either.

"Kuch nahi boli, we had a casual dinner. Even though I wanted to clear things out, she said she didn't want to. Out of courtesy aayi, aisa kyu kar rahi hai wo? Baat karke hum sab kuch sort out bhi toh kar sakte hai na? She clearly didn't want to stay in touch with me." She ended up telling him about it.

"She doesn't deserve you! Bola tha maine, tu hi peeche peeche jati hai uske. Tujhe padi hai uski, kabhi usne pucha hai tere bare me? Usne samne se efforts dikhaye?" Sidharth asked her instead of consoling her.

"Bolna kya chahta hai tu? Puchna chhod du usko? Behen hai wo meri, chhoti hai." She retorted. She defined her worth by the opinions of others. She wasn't looking for approval on the things that she did, she was looking for validation of her very existence. This happened because of the messages she was given since she lost her parents and moved in with her close relatives.

"Ha sahi hai phir. Wo chhoti hai toh sab maaf hai usko. Jane de na phir." He shrugged.

"Taunt maar raha hai ha?" She asked, getting mad at him.

"Nahi, tu jo bol rahi hai wohi mai bhi bol raha hu. Jab tujhe lagta hai ki Amrit chhoti hai, toh tujhe bura nahi lagna chahiye na?" He asked her, wondering how she could not get one simple thing.

"Baat ye nahi hai Sidharth. Rehne de." She replied, putting an end to this conversation and returning towards his car because she didn't have any answer to come up with.

"Kaha ja rahi hai?" He followed her, thinking he shouldn't have said all those things about her sister, this issue was apparently sensitive for her.

"Ghar jana hai mujhe." She mumbled.

"Abhi toh aaye hai. Please, rukte hai na thodi der." He requested softly.

"Nahi meko nahi rukna." She clearly stated.

"Are you mad at me? Maine wahi bola jo mujhe laga. I'm sorry if I overstepped." He said, making her look at him. Realizing he had pushed the wrong buttons to make her understand. Her equation with her sister, her family and that matter was not something he could resolve for her, only she could do it.

"Sorry kyu bol raha hai? Tune kuch galat thodi bola." She sighed, looking away.

"Mai upset isliye hu kyuki mai iss bare me kuch kar nahi sakti." She admitted, defeated and tired.

It was her family so he didn't have an exact perspective on how things existed among them, he knew as much as he was told by her. He didn't understand the behaviour of her family members so he thought the best he could do was to advise her, guide her from his perspective and be there for her while she was having a tough time with it. As a friend he couldn't solve her family issues, she had to do it herself but he could be a support to her during this phase.

He hugged her, letting her know things would get better with time and to cheer her up, he came up with a plan. "Chal thik hai ghar chalte hai. Movie dekhegi sath me?" He suggested.

"Mann nahi hai yaar." She replied, upset.

"Aise rondu muh bana ke kab tak rakhegi? Please, chalna movie dekhenge. Mere home theater me, aisa lagega jaise PVR me aayi hai." He kept requesting.

"Lekin movie meri pasand ki hogi!" She immediately stated her condition, agreeing to the plan.

"Bollywood chhod ke kuch bhi laga lena." He stated his condition as well.

"Arey! Ye kya baat hui? Sidharth mai bollywood dekhti hu, tu janta hai!" She whined, stomping her foot. Couldn't he give in for once?!

"Fine!" He rolled his eyes at her, opening the door for her.