Chapter 68

"What the hell Sana? Tu kyu pange leti rehti hai meri mummy se!" Amrit said, opening the door with a pretty mad face.

"Kya hua?" Shehnaaz was taken aback by that tone, what could certainly go wrong now? She thought.

"Tune test leke wo kit feka kyu nahi? Mummy ne dekh liya, pagal!!!" Amrit wanted to shout at her sister for the stunt she had pulled out, yet again.

"Kyaaa?" Shehnaaz almost felt like she'd lose her balance any moment now.

"Chachi kya kar rahi thi mere room me? M-maine socha nahi, matlab mere dimag se nikal gaya, airport jane ki jaldi me bhool gayi." Shehnaaz mumbled, looking around for her aunt and uncle.

"Kaha hai Chachi?" She asked.

"Kya lagta hai kaha hongi? Behosh ho gayi mummy." Amrit answered and Sidharth almost laughed at the news. He shook his head, there was always room for drama in the family. Harjot would lose her mind and scream at them the moment she'd wake up.

"Sare siyappe mere sath hi hone hote hai!" Shehnaaz held her head as she cried.

"Calm down, mai baat karunga aunty se." He took a step forward and patted her back.

She shrugged his hand away, asking her sister to show him his designated room and dashed inside. He sighed, of course she was still mad at him for his words back when they were arguing in the car.

"Jo bhi hoga apan dekhenge na sath me." When he mentioned this. "Negative hi aaye, mai aur kuch nahi janti." She had replied with this and it only agitated him even more.

"What do you mean negative hi aaye?!" He asked sharply.

"Because I don't want a baby! What else could it be?" She replied and looked up, unraveling her arm from his embrace.

"Tujhe pata bhi hai kya hoga yadi Chachi ko pata lag gaya toh? Badi mushkil se meri family ne mujhe wapas accept kiya hai aur mai koi chance nahi lena chahti!" She explained.

"So you don't want the baby? What if-" He asked one last time just to make sure she knew what she was talking about.

"Tujhe na situation nahi samajh aa rahi hai. And you know what, it's not your fault either because you didn't have to prove yourself to be worth loving to your family. Sidharth, mai iss time pe tujhse expect karti hu ke tu mujhe samjhega!" She said, clearly not understanding what he was trying to say.

"Why is everything about you and your 'family'? Kyu har baat waha aa kar ruk jati hai? Kyu har baar tu unke baare me sochti hai, phir mere baare me?" He asked, just at the end of losing his peace.

"Are you even listening to yourself? Mai apni family aur tujhme se kisi ek ko choose karu? You crazy or what? Kabhi maine tujhe aisi situation me dala hai?" She asked him back.

"So you mean to say that I put you in this situation? Ye acha hai, bill fad de tu mere naam pe! And just to make it clear, I'm not making you choose between me and your family! Teri priorities already set hai! Clearly!" He retorted.

"Tere se na baat hi karna bekar hai! I cannot believe you're turning this up on me!" She stated before looking away and since then she didn't even look at him. Utterly disappointed and upset with his words and beliefs towards her and the situation. Her family had always been a sensitive topic for her, she would have appreciated it if he would have been a little considerate rather than seeking attention for himself.

He didn't make the effort to talk either, amazed by the fact that she really didn't think of anything beyond her so-called family.

The moment Shehnaaz entered Harjot's room, she found her aunt on the bed while Jagjit was pacing around. The moment he noticed her, he gestured to her to stay quiet and walked her out of the room.