Chapter 81

The entire Shukla clan was in Mumbai to attend his event, Neetu's family had arrived after a really long time and all of them had decided to spend some good time together.

"Mama, yaar mujhe bore ho raha hai!" Akriti whined.

"Movie dekhegi?" Sidharth suggested.

"Nah, raat ko mujhe overthinking karni hoti hai." She shrugged and it made her uncle chuckle.

"So?" He asked.

"Sooo..? Let's gossip!" She chirped.

"Jaisi maa vaisi beti!" He shook his head as he laughed at her.

"Come on yaar, spill some tea! Kuch interesting batao?" She said.

"Acha, lemme tell you one! Mom ki best friend Divya Aunty cheated on her husband! And guess with whom?" She gushed.

"With whom?" Shehnaaz joined them on the sofa excitedly.

"Ayye! Kisi ki personal life ke mazey loge?" Her uncle on the other hand smacked her head playfully and scolded her for enjoying such kind of things.

"Usko chhod! Tu bata!" Shehnaaz insisted.

"With her step brother!" Akriti answered.

"Divya ka step brother? I know her father got married again lekin uski toh behen thi na?" Sidharth joined the conversation again.

"Look who's talking?" Shehnaaz laughed, high fiving Akriti.

"Bhai behen dono hue the Mama. Rupesh uncle was mostly abroad isliye zyada log jante nahi the. But he came back some years ago and was catching up with his so called sister." Akriti narrated the plot.

"Dikhti kaisi hai ye?" Shehnaaz asked and Akriti opened her social media to further enlighten them.

"Abhi bhi vaisi dikhti hai." He chuckled.

"Haina, mummy bhi yahi bolti hai. And she also told me you used to have a crush on her." Akriti mentioned in the moment.

"Really?" Shehnaaz excitedly exclaimed.

"Crush? Nah! She is six years older to me!" He scoffed.

"Crush toh crush hota hai, isme kya badi baat hai?" Shehnaaz shrugged to see if he would admit.

"Exactly! Let's just crush this topic okay?!" He chuckled, replying and eyeing his niece for bringing up unnecessary matters.

"So what's the plan? Mama kahi ghumne chalte hai na, just the three of us. Yeh mummy logo ki baatein toh khatam ho nahi hongi." Akriti changed the topic then.

"Kal! Kal shaamko jayenge mere office se aane ke baad!" Shehnaaz suggested, she had presented her report with Rizwan a couple of days ago and her senior, Bhattacharya, was going to announce their results and his feedback on their report and presentation.

"Kya yaar?! Hum itne din baad aaye hai aur aapko office jana hai? Mama ye bilkul aapke jaisi ho gayi hai!" Akriti replied, complaining.

"I'll take that as a compliment!" He commented, smiling.

The next day, Sidharth was dropping off Shehnaaz to her office when his phone was continuously buzzing with someone's call.

"Utha le na call!" She told him.

"Faltu call hai." He shrugged.

"Lekin kab se baji ja raha hai!" She replied.

"Abhi drive kar raha hu na." He commented.

"Bluetooth kisliye hai!" She rolled her eyes at him as she said that and was about to take his phone in her hands when he grabbed it first.

"Acha thik hai, tu itna bol rahi hai toh kar leta hu baat." He replied and answered it immediately.