Chapter 69

"Nahi aunty." Sidharth said, not wanting to let Harjot take over this time. With every word she spoke, he got to know how she asserted her decisions on the members of this family.

"Hum iss tarah shaadi bilkul bhi nahi karna chahte. I understand if you're hurt but I just cannot." He added and it made her stop in her tracks and turn up to them.

"Mai puch nahi rahi hu tum se!" Harjot told Shehnaaz, eyeing her to convince the guy into marriage.

Sidharth looked at her as well, contemplating if she'd agree to her aunt's decision taken hastily or not. It was tough to expect Shehnaaz on his side after getting to know that her family mattered more than their baby.

"Chachi aise na karo." Shehnaaz pleaded.

"Harjot, ye kaisi baat kar rahi hai tu? Dimaag shaant rakh apna, aise jaldbaazi me shaadi kon karta hai?" Jagjit interrupted, taking a hold of his wife's hand, making her sit and trying to make her understand.

"Toh kya karu mai? In dono aise hi bina shaadi ke sath rehne du?" She retorted. She had always been like this, short tempered, hot headed and panicky about serious situations.

Sidharth looked at Shehnaaz, wiping her tears away and kneeling in front of her aunt.

"Chachi, hum shaadi se pehle saath nahi rahenge. Lekin please aise zabardasti shaadi mat karwao. Hum maafi mangte hai." The girl requested, keeping her trembling hand over her aunt's.

"Karo jo karna hai tum logo ne, meri nazaron se tu waise bhi gir chuki hai Sana. Tu meri baat maan ya na maan, mujhe koi farak nahi padta!" Harjot replied, stepping away from her niece after jerking her hand away and making her way inside. Jagjit gave them an assuring look and followed his wife inside.

With the lavishly prepared lunch left untouched, everybody had retired to their respective rooms. Sidharth thought of informing his family about the fiasco that just took place and called his sister.

"What the actual fuck?!" Preeti exclaimed when she got to know about Harjot's decision.

"Kya faltu tamasha ho raha hai? Niklo Bhai tum dono waha se." Ajay suggested, since the phone was on speaker, the entire shukla family was listening.

"How's Shehnaaz?" Preeti further asked.

"Apne room me hai, looked like she wanted to be alone for a while." He replied, sighing and rest his back against the head post.

"Tu thik hai beta?" Rita ji asked her son and heard him hum.

"You did a good job." She added, letting him know it was very rational of him to calmly deny.

"Aur yadi zarurat ho toh meri Harjot se baat karwa de. I'll talk to her." She suggested.

"It's fine, uncle samjha rahe the unko. At least there's one sane person in the family." He sighed, replying.

"Okay, then. Jab niklunga toh bataunga. I don't think mera yaha zyada rukna ab acha lagega." He added.

"Shehnaaz se puchle, usko bhi aana ho toh." Preeti suggested and he agreed before hanging up. He was looking for the flights when he heard his door being knocked.

"Sidharth?" Shehnaaz softly called out.

"Aaja." He replied, opening the door that wasn't locked, just lightly shut. She ran into his arms, crying silently with tears running down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry. Chachi ne tujhe itna bhala- bura kaha. You didn't deserve that." She mentioned.

"It's okay." He patted her back, not that he was expecting a very special treatment from her aunt.

Strings Of Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें