Chapter 9

The next few days pass by pretty quick, Hannah wanted to take us shopping. Griffin and his dad spent time together. Griffin's been staying in my room at night doing our same routine and we stopped hiding our interactions from Soph.

It's Tuesday now and the day before the dreaded day tomorrow. Sophie decided we were going to spend time around the pool and she invited some of our old school friends. Griffin also called up some of his who live nearby.

Hannah and Nathan had gone for a date night away but promised to be back tomorrow.

Griffin got some alcohol set it up in the kitchen. Plastic cups were placed around and a few snacks.

They said it wasn't a party just a low-key hangout. Soph explained who was coming mostly her friends who were friends with me by association not like I actually want to hang out with them.

She had already changed into her bikini and was setting up music with a few people who had already arrived.

I go to put on my own bikini because if I stand here I will look like the odd one out.

I only have two options. One is a full bodysuit which I know is probably too small or the plain black bikini which has thin strings on the bra and the bottoms but will cover the important parts.

It is plain but I like it. Looking into the full-length mirror, It covers my breasts but holds them up, moving my hair out of the way I tie the strings at the back of my neck when I hear my door open.

"Soph wants to know what's taking you so long" I turn to his voice and his eyes linger on my breasts before eyeing me up and down.

I can't help but do the same he's shirtless showing off all his tattoos and he's wearing black swim shorts.

"I'll be out in a minute" Grabbing some lip balm putting it on and putting on some flip flops I walk out of the door.

I realize he's not following and turn around to see him still in my room.

"Griffin, are you coming?" I say breaking his daydream or whatever he was having.

"Oh, yeah yeah I'm coming" he stutters out.

Going to the kitchen I get myself a drink and make my way outside to the pool. Sophie's talking to one of her friends when she breaks off and comes up to me "Did my brother have a seizure when he saw you in that?".

Laughing I push her away saying hello to people who are greeting me. Most of them I don't even know their names.

Going to the far edge of the pool where there were barely any people. I sit down with my feet dangling in the water, it's refreshing as it is boiling. Leaning back on my hands I observe what's going on around me.

They must have put the extra sun loungers out from the garage because there are a few dotted around. People are mingling with some people inside the kitchen and some around the pool.

Griffin talking to some guys around his age all of them have a beer in their hands. One guy who's with them keeps glancing in my direction before he stands up and walks over sitting down next to me.

"Hi, I'm Wes. Why are you sitting by yourself?" Looking over at him he's attractive, with brown hair his blue eyes are nice but I don't like the way his eyes are roaming my body.

"I like my own space" keeping it short hoping he would go away.

"That's a shame, I thought it would be nice to get to know you. What's your name?" He was persistent I'd give him that.

"Daisy" he sticks his hand out to shake mine.

"Nice to meet you, Daisy, so who do you know here?" As I shake his hand.