The Kalkara

We don't talk about geography and pretend everything makes sense okay? Good.
We also don't talk about timelines mk? Glad you agree.
We don't point out the OOCness of characters because I haven't read Brotherband or Royal Ranger, and/or seen Merlin in like over a year, capiche? Great

"Welcome, Princess Madeline" King Arthur greeted the young blonde before him. She had blonde hair and green eyes.

"Thank you, King Arthur, for your warm welcome," Madeline replied, "I would like to introduce you to my official escort." Maddie gestured to the ten people behind her while emphasizing the word official.

"Skandians," Arthur observed.

"Yes. Is there a problem?"

"Not at all."

"Good," Maddie smiled, "This is the crew of the Heron. Jarl Hal Mikkelson. His first mate Stig Olafson. Ulf, Wulf, Stefen, Jesper, Edvin, Ingvar, Thorn, and Lydia," Maddie introduced.

"Nice to meet you," Arthur said, "Now what do you mean when you say official?"

"On paper, they are my escort, but I wouldn't put it past my parents to send another unofficial escort," Maddie said a glint of humor in her eyes, "Have you by chance seen any passing jongleur?"

"Not that I know of," Arthur thought, "Sir Gwaine may have, though. Now, I assume you've had a long journey. My manservant can show you to your rooms."

"Yes, thank you. Even by boat, it was a long journey. To think if I had come by horse the journey would have been even longer."

"Well, we are happy to have you here for the renewal of the treaty between Camelot and Aruelan. Merlin, would you show the lady and her escort to their rooms?"

"Of course. If you would follow me."

Madeline followed the manservant. As she did she caught a glimpse of movement in the shadows.

Merlin led the group to the royal guest chambers

"Here you go. If you need anything do not be afraid to ask. Micayla is the head servant for this section of the castle."

"Thank you," Madeline walked into her room while the crew of the Heron dispersed a few heading back to the ship to keep watch.

A few hours later Madeline was preparing for the feast that was to be held in honor of her arrival. Rumors had been going around about a jongleur who was performing at the feast. Maddie had a feeling she knew who it was.

The white and dark gray pattern of his cloak gave it away to Maddie.

"Old Joe Smoke is a friend of mine
He lives on Bleaker Hill
Old Joe Smoke never took a bath
And they say he never will

Fare thee well Old Joe Smoke
Fare thee well I say
Fare thee well Old Joe Smoke
I'll see you on your way

Old Joe Smoke he lost a bet
He lost his winter coat
When winter comes, Joe stays warm
by sleeping 'mongst the goats

Fare thee well Old Joe Smoke
Fare thee well I say
Fare thee well Old Joe Smoke
I'll see you on your way

Old Joe Smoke he lives with goats
That's what I've heard tell
He hasn't changed his socks for years
But the goats don't mind the smell

Fare thee well Old Joe Smoke
Fare thee well I say
Fare thee well Old Joe Smoke
I'll see you on your way

Old Joe Smoke is fighting man
I've heard common talk
That Old Joe Smoke, he cuts his har
with a carving knife and fork