Old Religion vs New Magic

This idea streamed from my obsession with reading Merlin at Hogwarts fanfiction and I want to turn it into a regular story but have to much going on. I don't own Merlin or Harry Potter if I did I would like to make a camo in at least one and have magic. 

--Mystery

'This day definitely took a turn for the worst,' Merlin thought as he deflected a spell from Voldemort. The only sign that he used his magic was the golden glow that originated from his eyes. 

Let's just back up a bit. Merlin wasn't trying to get into a magical dual with the so called 'most powerful wizard of all time'. Really he wasn't. It just sort of... happened. One minute Merlin was fighting against a Death Eater the next moment against Voldemort. 

Merlin had been disguised as a 5th year student this year. His intentions were to keep an eye on Harry, but Merlin didn't notice that Harry wasn't at Hogwarts until it was too late for him to leave without anyone noticing. 

More than a few people weren't very pleased to see a Slytherin fighting with them. Slytherins are always thought of as the evil house, but Ravenclaw has produced just as many if not more dark wizards than Slytherin with Gryffindor also having produced dark wizards. In Merlin's opinion wizards today are very prejudice. 

Hufflepuff was the only house that didn't produce its fair share of dark wizards, or those wizards are few and far between. 

Merlin was trying his best to be discrete with his use of the Old Religion, but he was sure more than a few wand wielders noticed his eyes turning gold. It wasn't until Voldemort took notice of Merlin defeating Bellatrix that Merlin was truly noticed. 

"You!" Voldemort screamed pointing a finger at Merlin, "Who are you?" 

"Well my mom named me Merlin, but for now I call myself Milo." 

Of course at that point a voice just had to ring out calling everyone's attention to the end of the Great Hall where none other than Arthur Pendragon, The Once and Future King stood. 

"MERLIN! WHAT HAPPENED TO MY CASTLE?" Arthur called out. 

"Well prat, once you and Gwen died Camelot fell. Eventually four people found the ruins and created a magic school from them," Merlin told the newly revived King. 

"Did you have any hand in helping them?" 

"I may have had a tiny hand in helping them. On the brightside your castle stayed nice and shiny while you were dead." 

"Idiot." 

"Prat." 

"Girl's Petticoat." 

"Simpleton." 

"Dollophead." 

"Clot- hey that's my word." 

"Oh yeah describe it." 

"In two words King Arthur." 

"That is no way to talk to a King." 

"What about a prat?" 

"I am not a prat-"

Arthur's protest was cut off when Voldemort decided he had enough and fired a killing curse at Arthur, "AVADA KEDAVRA." 

Merlin reacted quickly his eyes flashing gold. A shield appeared around Arthur and the spell was absorbed into the shield.

"Impossible! No one can block the killing curse. How did you do that?" Voldemort asked fuming. It really was a sight to see. Merlin with his usual grin casually looking at the noseless dark wizard while said wizard was positively red in the face.  

"Wand magic is no use against my magic," Merlin replied. 

"There is no other magic." 

"Oh ye of little mind. What type of magic came before your magic." 

"The Old Religion is the only type of magic that came before but it is impossible to learn the druids died out hundreds of years ago." 

"Who said I was born before the Old Religion died out?" 

"No impossible! The real Merlin died a thousand years ago. You are simply a boy who carries his name," Voldemort sounded more like he was trying to convince himself than that he really believed that this 'boy' protecting someone who claimed to be King Arthur Pendragon was not the real Merlin. 

"Alarte Ascendare," Voldemort tried to send Merlin flying in to the wall, but Merlin simply looked at the spell coming his way before his eyes turned gold and the spell deflected sending a piece of rubble flying high in the air. 

This time the dark wizard tried to resort to wordless magic before he tired and had almost completely drained his magic reserves. 

Voldemort feel to the ground panting. Merlin with not a scratch to be seen hovered over the man. Wordlessly Merlin placed a hand on the wizard's forehead and his eyes blazed gold. Voldemort felt as his magic drained from him. His remaining Horcruxes lost. Voldemort was now mortal. One hundred percent mortal. 

Merlin turned from the wizard before removing the black in the white visible magic. Once the dark was gone Merlin released the magic into the world. The Earth sighed in appreciation of magic being returned to her. 

"Well seems you had that handled," Arthur told his friend as the hugged. 

"Yep, but if your back something much worse is coming," Merlin replied, "You needn't worry about Tom over there. He should be perfectly fine in the mortal world. You may have to Obliviate him though." 

Harry nodded. 

I don't know what happened to this but here you go.  Shorter than usual but it's up. I totally didn't forget about Harry until the end.  

-Mystery