Punny Reveal

I am not the owner of Miraculous Ladybug if I was some of the characters would be just a bit smarter and less oblivious.

I don't know where this went but okay.

--Mystery

The day started out normal. Two akumas before school. Countless puns from one black cat. Two sleep deprived teenagers walking into Mrs. Bustier's classroom 2 minutes before the bell rings, where Lila was telling her newest lie. Something about knowing the author of a famous book series. Marinette sat down next to where Adrien and Nino were sitting, because of course, Alya was listening to the newest lie of Lila's.

"One day I swear Lila's lies will get here in cat-astrophic trouble." Adrien said in a mumble

Marinette perked up. Chat Noir had used that very same line earlier that morning. Lila had been one of the Akumatized victims. Both Chat Noir and Ladybug were pretty sure Lila hadn't tried to fight the akuma at all and welcomed it into the Akumatized object. Meaning Lila was working with Shadow Moth. Class started before Marinette could mull over the fact that Adrien Agreste the golden boy of Paris had made a pun. A cat pun at that.

Over the next few days Marinette started to notice how sometimes Adrien would get the same mischievous look in his eyes that Chat Noir got when he was making a joke or how if Adrien messed with his hair just right it looked exactly like Chat Noir's hairstyle. Marinette also noticed how sometimes Adrien would slip into a Chat like walking manner. Relaxed shoulders, but still walking with the grace of a model. Marinette also swore she caught a faint purr coming from the model one day when he was in between Marinette and Nino at lunch.

Marinette didn't know how to tell Adrien that she knew he was Chat Noir.

"Tikki what do I do? How do I tell my partner I know who he is when I have been so adamant on keeping our identities a secret?"

"Maybe you could leave subtle hints that only Adrien would notice and pick up on. Maybe make a cat pun that only Ladybug has heard." Tikki replied

That is exactly what Marinette did. The next day she delivered an exact line with a pun that only Ladybug had heard on a patrol the night before.

"It seems that this cat has cat the cat the cream." Marinette said when they passed a cat on the way to a café. The cat in question had some milk that the store owners had given it.

This time it was Adrien's turn to perk up. Only one person had heard the pun when he made it the night before. To add to that Marinette had purposely made the pun in front of him.

Adrien also started to notice Ladybug like mannerisms in Marinette that were less visible to see. Like how she had the exact same eye color as Ladybug or maybe it was the fact Marinette knew the exact place to rub her fingers through his hair to get him to relax. Maybe it was the confidence Marinette started carrying herself with when around him. So, Adrien did the only reasonable thing to do when he wants to figure out if his partner is Ladybug. Make cat puns at her.

The first time Adrien mad a cat pun Marinette simply rolled her eyes and let out a small giggle. The next time Adrien made a cat pun he was within an arm's length of Marinette. Since Adrien was within reaching distance Marinette simply rolled her eyes and pushed Adrien away like she would when they were Ladybug and Chat Noir.

"Plagg how can I subtly tell Marinette that I know she is Ladybug?"

"Pig tails is like a fine piece of cheese she appreciates honesty. So, why don't you just ask to talk to her in private then tell her you know?" Plagg said

"You and your cheese, but thanks Plagg maybe I'll try it." Adrien told the Kwami.

The next day at school with 10 minutes to spare both Adrien and Marinette walked into the locker rooms.

"Hey Marinette, can I talk to you in private?" Adrien asked as he approached Marinette who was talking to Alya.

"Sure Adrien." Marinette replied.

When both heroes reached the outside world away from prying ears Marinette said, "Finally figured it out Chaton?"

Adrien gulped she knew he was Chat Noir and never said anything. She had purposefully made the pun and then acted more like Ladybug in her civilian from.

"How did you figure it out My Lady?" Adrien asked.

"You made a cat pun in class which just so happened to be the pun you had used not 2 hours prior with the same line of course. Once I realized you made the pun it wasn't hard to find the cat like mannerisms that sometimes slip through the mask you put up when you are Adrien. I swear one time I heard you purr."

"Oh, and the other boy I like is you. It has always been you, and those feelings have just intensified since I learned my pun loving partner was the boy I liked." For a second Adrien stood shocked until he asked, "Well since I was competing with myself would you do me the honors of being my girlfriend?"

"Sure, Chaton."

Marinette and Adrien walked into the classroom with the happiest smiles on their faces just waiting for the barrage of questions that was to come when people realized they were holding hands. Of course, Alya was the first to notice it and squealed before asking the million-dollar question, "Are you dating?"

"Yes, yes we are." Adrien stated proudly. All the girls in the classroom squealed so loud most of the males had to cover their ears from the sheer volume. The only two girls who didn't squeal were Lila who was fuming and Chloe who was indifferent to all that was happening around her.

Soon it was revealed to the public that LadyNoir had gotten together via the Ladyblog.

Years later when Shadow Moth was defeated, and Adrien took over the Gabriel brand Adrienette was revealed to the world since Marinette would be taking over the fashion design department as the head of fashion design. Courtesy of Alya the Gabriel brand was renamed to Adrienette.

Of course, we can't forget the three kids and hamster that Marinette wanted to have with Adrien, which she got.