I Lived

I don't own the song I Lived by OneRepublic and I don't own Merlin.

Magic was finally free in Camelot, yet Merlin had not revealed his secret to the king.

Arthur had invited the druids to a feast inside the castle to celebrate the new freedom of the druids and people of magic.

Merlin of course was helping to run the feast.

"MERLIN!" Arthur's voice boomed throughout his chambers. The manservant was no where to be found and the feast was in only a few hours.

The manservant took that moment to stumble into Arthur's bedchambers with armfuls of armor.

"What?" Merlin asked with a hint of annoyance.

"I need help preparing for the feast tonight," Arthur ordered his manservant.

"Yes, because you can't seem to dress yourself and your belt always seems to need another hole."

"I can dress myself and are you calling me fat?"

"No, sire, I would never," Merlin's voice was dripping with sarcasm as he gave an overdramatic bow.

"You know you're the worst servant in the five kingdoms. Maybe I should fire you and hire George," Artur threw a goblet at the servant.

"We both know you can't put up with George and his brass jokes," Merlin laughed as he dodged the goblet.

Arthur grumbled under his breath about Merlin being right. Merlin shot his signature grin towards the king and walked towards him to begin helping him prepare.

"Greetings, King Arthur," Iseldir greeted Arthur two hours later in the castle courtyard, "My name is Iseldir."

"Good day, Iseldir," Arthur returned to the druid, "If you would follow me. I will lead you to the Banquet Hall where we will be dining this evening before moving out into the town square where the people of Camelot will be hosting their own festival to celebrate the return of magic to the kingdom. Quite a few of my subjects are old enough to remember a time before magic was outlawed and would like to celebrate its return with you."

"That's seems like a fine plan, sire," Iseldir looked at Merlin who gave a nod of agreement.

Arthur lead Iseldir and his group of druids to the Banquet Hall where servants were busy getting the hall ready for the night to begin.

"Take a seat," Arthur invited the druids. Slowly they found seats around the table as nobles and councilmen streamed into the room. The knights of the round table took a seat to the right of Arthur while Gwen sat on his left. Some noble woman sat at Gwen's side chatting with her about the latest gossip going around Camelot.

Hours later the chatter had died down, Gwaine was thoroughly drunk, and meals had been eaten.

Arthur knocked a spoon against a goblet to get the room's attention, "Now that we have had a thorough feast let us move to the city center where the people are celebrating the return of magic to our lands," Arthur declared.

The people in the room agreed and trickled out to the city square.

Soon, everyone was having fun, nobles, royalty, citizens, and druids alike. Everyone was going wild celebrating. Then Arthur decided to torture his manservant. He asked Merlin to sing. Merlin just smirked at his request and decided this could be a fun way to reveal his magic. So he got on stage and asked the musicians to play a melody.

Hope when you take that jump
You don't fear the fall

Merlin's eyes glowed gold as it showed a man taking a leap of faith. His voice was rich and the melody upbeat. Arthur watched as his best friend revealed his magic. He had suspected but never confronted him about it.