Book 4 | Ch. 16 - Unknown Light

"This is a pact."

"No-.. its not simply just a pact, its far more severe.. this is an binding pact, one of the most dangerous kinds of contracts."

Binding Pact: A threatening contract formed between two or more individuals following an extremely strict set of rules placed by either party. If conditions are broken the rules that are laid out will provide punishments, with some likely meaning death. If rules are broken and cause death to the individual at fault nothing will happen to the second party. If the user dies without breaking any rules the other party involved will involuntary collapse and die leading to its other name. "Soul Binding". This kind of pact can be formed even if the other user doesn't consent, only a few know how to form this contract and are considered highly dangerous. This art is considered illegal for various reasons in the continent due to its nature.

"Hunter~!"

Cloudy shouted rushing up the stairs stomping his way into Royal's room with the sack of ice.

"Apply pressure on the neck and see if you can wake him up with that. If that fails we'll need to feed him herbs to keep him asleep."

"Why is that?"

Cloudy rightfully questioned wanting in on how to keep Royal safe.

"I'll explain everything once Nick gets here-. NICK HURRY~!"

Hunter detailed before shouting, noticing he was taking far too long.

The two could hear thumps running all around the house before Nick scrambled his way inside Royal's room and handed off the vials.

"Cold press isn't working. Let's see how he fairs with this."

Using his aura he crushed the herbs into powder and took a few cubes of ice, melting them in the process creating a spoon of herbs with water.

"Once he gulps this down all we can do is wait."

"Now explain before you sidetrack us."

Cloudy blurted out demanding him to speak.

"Alright-... LOOK AN ALIEN!"

The two flicked away as he shouted only to turn back a moment later to see he vanished from sight.

"Mother fu-."

Nick exclaimed before being cut off.

"I'm going to cut his fucking tongue off I swear."

Cloudy swore now completely riled up.

Out of nowhere Hunter returned through the doorway joking with them and asking to not cleave his tongue off.

"Royal's hurt and here you are joking about this! What the hell!"

Nick shouted pointing out the bad in this situation.

"He's not hurt, simply unconscious."

"That still doesn't make it right, you know."

Cloudy readied his statement agreeing with Nick.

"I apologize for my behavior. For now let's talk about what's going on with him."

Hunter admitted to his wrongdoing and went straight to the point making it up to them.

"He's in what's known as a Binding Pact. To put it simply, if one breaks it the most likely consequence is death. Here it seems a bit of a lighter punishment, being sent unconscious. I can't give all the specifics since there are rules placed that are different for each contract leaving me almost as blind to this as you two."