Book 4 | Ch. 7 - Force

The storm quickly engulfed the group, putting them all through a barrage of rain, thunder, and heavy wind as it suppressed the sparkling moon and its beauty. The captain lifted his head up toward the sky witnessing the stars being tucked away by the gloomy gray clouds.

"The storm is going to be brutal."

Zack muttered letting Grief hear his words.

Grief let out a long roar violently flapping its wings forward into the heart of the storm. In the corner of Zack's eye he spots the chimera's tail rise above the group dropping down on them all, in a freight he sees the tail wrap around everyone including himself. The beast's claws began to shine red, the sound of the wind rang higher and higher until a high frequency was heard. 

Attempting to look ahead by climbing up Grief's mane failed miserably due to the constant barrage of heavy rain and wind slamming against him sending him back down where the rest were sleeping.

"VWOOOOSH~!"

They flew through the storm at an extraordinary pace with thunder sounding off from afar and lightning flashing for a few moments each time. Grief looked back catching the captain still awake despite all that happened yesterday now.

"Human, sleep, you need sleep. Go now."

Grief said with a serious tone.

"I don't trust you to even allow myself an ounce of sleep."

He said with spite in his voice.

"Human I said sleep."

Grief moved its tail still wrapped around Zack dragging him over to Hunter and co bundled up trying to stay warm.

"Wa-Wah~! Stop it!"

Zack shouted only to be ignored after.

Glancing back at Hunter he saw him sleeping like a log under heavy rain while the boys slept although they were struggling with the rain constantly hitting them. Having an idea, Zack crawled over to Nick, shaking him awake.

"Grra-.. Ughh~... Mhm~? W-what do you.. want old man?"

Nick said in a daze both groggy and very irritated.

"I saw that you can use the power adventurers and knights can wield. What can you do with it?"

"Screw off, I'll think about showing you later but right now it's sleepy time for me."

Nick rudely blurted out only wanting to sleep somewhat peacefully thanks to the rain.

Proceeding to close his eyes the rain only continued to hit everywhere around him with no acceptions. A few moments later he's more awake now thanks to the rain constantly bothering him and releases his aura around himself causing his body to heat up. Steam began to come off of his body as his clothes were drying up at a rapid pace with everything else around him beginning to warm up. 

Everyone sleeping unconsciously scooched closer trying to stay warm and dry from the storm. Eventually even Zack falls asleep using his coat as a blanket to cover up Nick. Grief takes a gander back seeing that everyone had fallen asleep and knew it wouldn't be much longer to get into the continent now.

The moment the sun had begun to show itself Hunter whipped his eyes open, waking up from a decent night's sleep at least before they arrived in the hollowed lands. The rain had cleared with the clouds dissipating. He stands walking up the back and onto the mane of the chimera only to lay on the head of the beast.

"How much longer do you think hybrid?"

Hunter asked casually now, trusting him enough to not betray them all on a whim.