Book 2 | Ch. 7 - The Root Of Aura

Faster than most would expect two weeks zoomed on by within a blink of an eye beside Nick forced to count every moment that passes due to his stomach winning the war from within. Bonds tightened, friendships formed, and most importantly they were all learning and growing. Sami and Winn occasionally sat nearby watching Cloudy and Royal train after they finished their tasks for the day asking them about certain topics.

"Hey, Cloudy so judging from what I heard from you, you don't know about guilds very much do you?"

Sami commented.

"Not really honestly. *Phew*. All three of us don't know much about guilds aside from they take on missions for a certain amount of money as a reward."

Cloudy grunted as he spun his weapon around training his proficiency of that weapon.

"I'll be frank with you both. I didn't know much either until I met Winn. Since Winn lived directly in the city where the main guild resides and taught me all about it. It's quite interesting if you ask me."

"Blurt it out then don't keep us waiting."

A weak voice slithered into their ears as all except Royal turned their heads.

"Nick?"

Cloudy questioned thinking a dying animal was trying to communicate with them.

"I can tell what you are thinking bitch~."

"Oh hello there~. You also wanted to know about guilds?"

Sami smiled happily.

"Yea~."

Nick grunted with his eyes looking dead inside from all the puking he had done over the last two weeks.

Cloudy slid over to Nick asking if he was starting to get used to the sea yet. He flipped his head directly at him with a creepy grin. Cloudy said nothing more not wanting to test if his intuition was right or not. Winn gathered them all around and explained all he knew about guilds taking into consideration they knew nothing at all, so basics was crucial.

"All right. So when you think of guilds what comes to mind?"

"Mercenaries."

Cloudy hastily claimed.

"You are close but that isn't the correct term. Although they can accept what missions they want to do that doesn't apply to all guild members there. But before I go there I'll reroute to another part."

He took out a bland paper he had in his back pocket rolled up and drew on it as the rest hovered over trying to guess in their heads what he was drawing.

"Let's start off from the top. The main guild where I lived in the city for all my life before coming to Port Llaffan. It is what controls the other guilds and decides what missions goes to which guild. One sec~."