Book 1 | Ch. 4 - ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕖

Cloudy

The nervous but proud adventurers traveled north away from Hunter's homeland looking for monsters to do battle with in order to help them grow more in the battlefield

The nervous but proud adventurers traveled north away from Hunter's homeland looking for monsters to do battle with in order to help them grow more in the battlefield. While on the way they strolled over to the town of merchants where the three originally lived in wanting to grab some extra supplies for the trip they will be doing. Royal and Cloudy both went on their way wanting to do the work for Hunter and buy supplies at a good price since they been there longer and know some of the people there. Nick explained before entering the town that he wanted to visit the orphanage one last time to thank them for taking care of him. Hunter smiled allowing them all to do what they wanted. He chose to wander around the town as if he hadn't seen it in a while taking in all the new things that had popped in.

"This place... really has changed too much for my liking. I'm happy though. After what happened here so long ago it's a good think this place is prospering."

He looked up seeing the sun starting to set from afar being halfway covered by hills and small mountains.

"It's already that time? I guess time goes by when you're enjoying things."

Sitting down on a nearby bench in the plaza area he waited for the boys to return with the things they needed to continue until a frail old woman approached at a snails pace speaking to herself. Hunter paid no mind to her words right up until he could feel her stares at him. She was speaking to him. She was no younger than ninety at least with gentle golden brown eyes. She used a cane to move toward his side taking a gander at his body making him feel uncomfortable.

"I-...I think I know you? Hmmm~.. What was that name again? Ehhh~... Never mind that youngling. But I do know that you are hurt... So~ very deeply hurt. It's saddening. You.. are searching for something yes? I perhaps know what you are looking for."

Hunter became serious walking toward the frail lady with blood lust oozing from his pores. The sunlight was covering Hunter entirely while the lady was in his shadow engulfed by his powerful presence. Yet she was hardly unaffected only staring back at him with joyful looks. His crimson cosmic stars locked into her vibrant eyes.

"Sw-..Sweetie it's not right to stare so much don't you know this?"

Realizing what he was doing he stopped himself and calmed down. The woman smiled stating her name was Mari also questioning who he was seemingly forgetting the interaction they just had seconds ago. He didn't say a single word to her after that. Instead she did the talking.

"Head west. There lies a dungeon with treasure buried deep inside the grotto within with what you desire. It may be a long wal-."

Hunter didn't even let her finish her sentence making a dash outside the town as the three grouped up spotting Hunter on the move without them. They screamed creating a fuss with the nearby merchants. They ran after him in a hurry trying to not lose his trail. Royal heard some of what they were talking about and was a bit distracted until Nick and Cloudy dragged him along trying to keep up. Mari looked on ahead seeing where they were headed next with a great big smile on her face.