Book 3 | Ch. 16 - Hunter's Purpose

The six gods are what most who've known of their existence to be.. omnipotent, for how I see them as? Nowhere near close to that, for there is a far more fitting person that is on par with that role. Lucy names them Apostles as those who've betrayed their true purpose for their selfish goals, same goes with Gatekeeper but far more spiteful and vindictive of what they've done. How I view them is entirely different because I have seen their reasons and nature. Have you ever heard of the term, "To make a god bleed?". If such a divine entity is capable of injury then surely they mustn't be divine but humane and imperfect like us. Most of what I've gathered from my encounters with them is quite unimpressive. I see them to be closest to demi-gods who've achieved godhood by unknown means that by hard work or possessive abilities. True gods are those who watch the world in silence waiting for an imbalance to set off the balance they've kept straight. That is what I hate about them, gods, demi-gods you name it. They strive for this so-called perfection blinded by their thirst for authority and power to rain above all when in fact all they did was throw away what made them who they originally were. I at first viewed the same way, swinging, killing, and slaying beasts and tainted humans alike. Aiming for perfection kept me away from truly understanding what my limitations were. Removing one's weakness is not just a step on the right track forward but an entire leap onward. But using those weaknesses to assist you instead of abandoning it will help you soar far farther than one would simply leap. That is what those gods lack and fail to understand and here is a prime example of what will happen when a godly entity faces off against a god slaying brute.

My body was hot, lighting aflame from the excitement coursing through my veins. Oh how I couldn't wait, my excitement was bound to break out and attack without purpose but it wasn't time yet. My eyes shone dark blue shunning away the crimson I was birthed with, my aura changed to a galaxy blue. It's been over four decades since I allowed myself to dwell in azure energy, it was not pleasing for me as it reminded me of a disgusting person who I despised. Nevertheless I stood up with my attention locked at the god standing meters away expecting me to put on a good show for him. I hadn't even realized my hand held my weapon all ready to go. My body knew what had to be done before I could register that. Before I could advance the entity spoke blabbering away.

"Out of the thousands of years I've walked this land that woman was absolutely brittle and weak. She couldn't so much as scratch me with her insignificant pokes and prods."

I knew of his game he was trying to lure me into, Lucy even warned me ahead of time to not get caught into it... yet-. The way he speaks of you, who is my reason for living jabs at me right in the side with persistence. I wanted to roar out for him to quieten his tongue but held back biting the tender side of my lip.

"Oh how unnecessary she is in this world~! If only-! If only she hadn't come to this world she wouldn't have had to experience the secondhand embarrassment she endured when I stabbed her chest. She would've never realized how weak she was~."

"When her face shifted to a shaken visage by my attack it brought the ends of my lips to the sides of my cheeks~! Only if you were there to witness the painfully boring drawn out-."

He slammed his tongue with the roof of his mouth pausing what he was mouthing off, getting a single whiff of the pressure coming out of nowhere. His pale skin crawled, goosebumps jumping out underneath his skin in just a split second, his body curled from the intensity. By pure instinct he took a battle stance with bells, alarms and signals ringing from all around inside his head. Glancing back toward Hunter he glared knowing the source of this nerving atmosphere that was surfacing. It was the first time he sensed great danger in thousands of years.

"I see now.. this was how you defeated your own clone. You didn't just win against it but brute force your way to victory. Now I see why there is blood covered all over you."