Book 1 | Ch. 6 - Ol' Friendly Reunion

After Hunter ventured into the second passageway, he pushed forward, feeling the pressure of the forest fading into insignificance compared to the reality-altering experience he was now facing. The previous malice seemed to take form, ready to strike him with resentful intent. Every step he took echoed through the medieval hall, dimly lit by suppressed torches, their feeble light overpowered by the chaotic aura. Natural light couldn't penetrate, leaving no room for luck, while the strong smell of blood wafted from the end of the hall. 

As he ventured deeper, the area grew more detailed, meticulously crafted. His footsteps composed a symphony amidst whispers of cries and screams of agony. A glimpse of a woman, resembling his lover, haunted his vision. Though an inaccurate image, it nearly halted his progress, forcing him to contemplate his actions. However, driven by determination and an unbreakable will, he pressed on. His eyes sparkled with conviction, undeterred by tricks and illusions that tested him. After traversing the hall for some time, he found himself ascending a long staircase. The surroundings transformed into a beautiful space, devoid of cries and woeful sounds. Distant stars shone brightly but remained out of reach, never fading from sight. The staircase, made of fragile floating glass, led to a doorway ahead. Despite every step leaving a crack, Hunter remained unworried, fixated on what lay ahead. 

Finally reaching the top, he faced the final entrance to untold riches and treasures known to humankind—a throne room supported by four massive pillars with magma flowing within, creating an intimidating atmosphere. At its center stood a powerful throne, capable of commanding a mighty army. The room's beauty and intricate structure left Hunter stunned, but the prevailing atmosphere contrasted sharply, exuding an air of dread.

"Who are you?" Hunter ordered with a stern tone.

The figure on the throne, shrouded in darkness, merely crossed his legs and observed, refusing to provide the answer Hunter sought. Unfazed by Hunter's presence, the man absentmindedly moved his finger in circles, bored by the looming threats. Retrieving a book from beside him, he flipped through its pages until one caught his interest. With a deep, gentle voice, he spoke, the tone neutral yet carrying a sense of otherworldliness.

"𝕰𝖓𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖍𝖆𝖘 𝖒𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝖒𝖊 𝖓𝖚𝖒𝖇..

𝕴 𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖒𝖞 𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖈𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘..

𝕱𝖔𝖗 𝕽𝖆𝖌𝖊 𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖒𝖊 𝖚𝖕.

𝖀𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖎𝖓 𝖋𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖍𝖔𝖕𝖊 𝕴 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉.

𝖂𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖉 𝖒𝖊 𝖇𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖔𝖓 𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖈𝓴?"

Hunter placed his hand on his chest, feeling a stinging sensation, though he bore no visible wounds, wondering what the man had done. The man redirected the question back at Hunter, suggesting that it was not his doing but rather Hunter's past, his unwillingness to let go of his desires. A knight in dark armor, equipped with two axes, bravely descended the steps, confidently exiting the throne's vicinity. Each step cracked the ground beneath him.

"It's not I~ but what you've done. This is your past but still cannot let go of what you seek? Those words I've spoken resonated with you and somehow still leave you blind to your doings?"

A knight in dark armor took a brave stand and confidently marched his way down the steps moving further from the throne. He had two axes on his back one for each hand to wield with during battle. Each step left the ground leaving a crack underneath his footing.

"You, who've slain a god, can't grapple with a simple emotion? You are not facing something of my creation, but rather your own refusal to release your grip on what you seek."