Book 4 | Ch. 11 - The Cozy Warmth Of Home

At first the tracks were obvious with craters going into the ground with each footstep taken. Eventually though after a two hours of hiking there was a split in the road with two different sets of footsteps that were identical with no craters to signify Hunter's. One headed north while another directed east.

"Why not head east? Judging from where the sun is now we could be heading more toward the center of the continent than taking the north."

Cloudy claimed attempting to stare into the sun.

"North! We go north are you dumb? It's clear the steps here are more recent so heading in this direction is for the better."

Nick countered pointing out the evidence left on the dirt.

"I think you're the moron Nick. Take a look where the sun is at the moment! Hunter's home is near the bottom left most side of the continent. If we keep heading east we'll be back home in no less than a week."

"Well it would've helped if we knew where we landed in the first place when we got here!"

Nick exclaimed, getting irritated.

"We head west."

I announced taking control.

"Why is that?"

Nick questioned my authority but nothing that I'm not used too.

"See! Idiot is what you are."

Cloudy scoffed, never letting Nick get the final words.

"You bitch~! You wanna go again! I'll kick your ass!"

"The sun is facing east currently, last time I saw the sun here it was west viewing out from Port Llaffan. That means currently we are flipped and need to travel down instead of up so we go west instead of east."

"You remembered something like that Royal?"

"It's not too difficult really."

"Tch- fucking super genius over here."

Nick mimicked his mouth a bit jealous but overall annoyed that Cloudy was pestering him.

Throughout the entire time of bickering, complaining, fighting, pent up anger from two idiots attempting to brawl. A week went by faster than they all knew it now in the distance facing the Ice Forest, Hunter's home. They walked past memorable spots reminiscing the past year they traveled so far.

"Look over there!"

Cloudy exclaimed pointing toward a crater.

"AH! That's where I left that crater when I fought you Cloudy and WON~."

He clearly stated with teasing in mind.

"Ok you two stop bickering and let's go."

I spoke up getting in between them.

"I didn't even say anything yet~."

Cloudy whispered to himself upset.

Once in front of the forest entrance we all looked at one another getting a long breeze of frost and wind blowing by us all giving us nostalgia.

"Memories.. This is so nice to see again after so long. I can't believe it's practically been a year since we first met him~."

Nick said in a sweet tone at least by his own standards.

"Even after everything we've endured it's calming to see this forest again and how tranquil it is."

Cloudy agreed, giving his own two cents on the conversation.