Book 3 | Ch. 4 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐨𝐢𝐝 [𝐈𝐕]

This was the moment they call, "Life flashing before your very eyes". It's not my first time experiencing this honestly. But this certainly does take the cake for the one I'm most freighted by. The way it looked at me when I was giving it my all, with Cloudy's body laying still and my rage full of action. I was spurned on and lead to believe I could do this while it played with me making fun of my actions and emotions. My blood ran cold and void of anger now. It was now riddled with despair as I too began to succumb to the word despair. I washed away the aura coating my body allowing whatever to strike me to just end it all in one singular strike. For what it was worth I'm gladly with the little time I was given I could be a kid and do what I wished. Dying for the sake of someone who rescued me from that town was more than I could ever ask for.

"I can finally rest in-"

"DAMN IT ROYAL, DON'T YOU DARE EVEN CONSIDER GIVING UP NOW!!!"

Nick screamed with everything he had to ensure Royal could hear.

"I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DIE HERE I WON'T FORGIVE YOU! YOU WON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE MY FAMILY! YOU SWORE TO US-! TO LIVE~!"

With blood covering one of my eyes I could only see from one eye and glanced back seeing Nick crying for me. I should be the one crying right now as a child would, yet he is doing all that in my steed. He's my reasoning that I don't have. He speaks for what I think. When he says all that he understands me like the back of his own hand. When he gives me that expression... I can't.. I- want to...

"𝒮𝐸𝐸 𝒰𝒮 𝒯𝒪𝒢𝐸𝒯𝐻𝐸𝑅 𝒯𝐼𝐿𝐿 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝐸𝒩𝒟!"

Royal's aura exploded outward all over the small island creating a domain of energy with small lotus flowers materializing all around the dome. The hybrid of a beast shivers from the power circulating them but doesn't falter. It roars more in an attempt to intimidate its prey louder than last time.

"Heh... That sounded like a child crying out."

Royal muttered exhausted.

"Kuruma's roar was far more horrifying to hear than your petty attempt to cry out!"

The hybrid kept its distance not wanting to dive into a trap awaiting for Royal to instead make the first move not expecting much from a half dead creature. What happened instead was unexpected as a lotus flower slowly drifted downward similar to how a leaf would fall from a tree resting onto the chimera's face. Once the lotus flower touched it began to sizzle the skin off the beast and cause a mini explosion violently tearing more skin away. It wept in pain now distracted by all the lotuses it now notices. It looks in a daze trying to wrap the situation back to its favor and avoid all the lotuses floating around it. It was showing signs of panic. Not wanting to let his one chance of survival leave his grasp. He took full advantage of its hysteria and charged the chimera piercing the monster's forehead implanting the blade deep into its skull.

"𝐿𝒪𝒯𝒰𝒮 𝐹𝐿𝒜𝑅𝐸~!!"

He screamed with all his might.

He twisted his rapier harshly the chimera cried out trying to shake off Royal and his rapier. Only to pause in its attempts realizing it was going to die seeing all the lotuses beginning to magnetize toward it. It shrieks knowing what will happen next. Royal pulled his blade out and kept himself from falling to the ground all just to watch the chimera die horribly. The lotuses flew toward the hybrid attaching themselves before igniting, creating a chain of explosions that grew stronger and stronger. It would continue even when the beast was reduced to chunks proven when an eyeball from the chimera flew at Royal and crashed beside him. The rest of the chunks were sent all across the abyss to float on forever until it rot to nothingness. Out of nowhere the explosion came to a sudden halt and the dome around Royal vanished seeing that he was now unconscious on the ground.