Book 2 | Ch. 15 - The Hollowed Lands [Outer V]

I couldn't move. Although I was in shock moments ago, that passed just as fast as how I was relieved to see Royal alive. He was fighting for dear life, no it wasn't even him but his body. He was literally fighting while unconscious. And here I was afraid to move while conscious.

"What a coward I am~."

He whispered holding back his frustrations.

 When Hunter came to me alone saying he trusted me because I was level headed and unbiased in most scenarios I was jumping with joy. Now those words have come back to bite me right on the ass. That logical thinking is what brought Royal into that shit show of a blood bath. All I could do was watch, shaken and stunned.

Royal swung his blade wildly like a rabid creature with his one eye lit violet hue, and his pupil expanding more and more. Without even coming to the realization he had killed the first worm with that crash he expected it to put up more of a fight. It was as if he was in a trance, an adrenaline filled condition. The worm zoomed by him catching his hair on the way yanking at his hairs without mercy. No hesitation was required anymore, now only survival was clearly his top priority. He slashed at his long silky hair severing his fate with the worm entirely. The second worm blitzed into the first worm sending it down a strange pit to rot away into the soil, whatever lied below. Unable to control his inertia he hit his backside roughly on a pile of rocks taking the wind out of him for a few moments with blood filling the gaps between his teeth.

..When I woke up I felt drenched in warm water but the fact it was red was what made me understand that it wasn't water but blood. My blood. I was somehow by some miracle alive. I was in awe that I could even stand let alone breath. My body was freezing yet aflame, my rapier was vibrating as if I were the cause. By the time I glimpsed back at my enemy than back my rapier it had all the aura I had available concentrated, enveloping it. I didn't even know what type of method I was using at that point. It looked back at me yet with no eyes to show its fear hence it's body perfectly expressed that instead. Honestly... I wasn't sure what I had on my face at the time. But to make the enemy quiver after overwhelming me by a large margin.. It must've been something..

"𝐀𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠."

Oddly enough I could hear many things far away

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Oddly enough I could hear many things far away. The sounds of footsteps, running, bags shaking. It was them. They came to rescue me and assuming by how far they were, another fifteen minutes at least were needed before they arrived. Twenty.. no- Fifteen minutes. I struggled to raised my head up to my chin level, the worm wriggled around and judging by its behavior previously it was going to charge like a bull. I could only tell that by sound and nothing more. Although there was one thing that I couldn't hear. Myself. My heartbeat sounded still and the bending of joints, muscles and aura fluctuating were deafened. At that point in time I didn't care. My sole undivided attention was aimed at the beast now showing weakness itself.

It bull rushed right at me desperate to finish off its prey but I too was also desperate. The one who is most determined would win but I think there are thousands of factors in a battle. One of them would be their species. Humans were crafty and nimble. I had nothing to offer compared to the other three in our little group but I was certain at one thing. My deftness, the ability to dodge and evade. You could say its something more like an instinctive habit or a passive skill I got than learned overtime through fighting and experience. At this point I was certain ten minutes had went by evading for my life.

The Heartstone Journeyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें