Book 2 | Ch. 2 - False Hero

Inside the town of merchants where trade is common and hagglers dwell. Mari, the sweet kind old lady from before sat on a bench staring in the direction where the main group went off and took a bit to admire the skies above them all. Using her cane that kept her from falling over got up and slowly made her way toward a random area of the town before spotting a poster freshly placed not even minutes before.

"Hunter ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕊𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕖 you will be going through so much more pain than you ever think you will. I await the finale of your journey."

The merchants and wandering citizens hid her for just a moment leaving nothing behind of her with only small gentle sparkles that flew up into the air.

Back toward the group the first thing that was shown was of Nick and Cloudy once again bickering over something with Nick.

"You know, you're wrong there, but-"

Nick fired back annoyed. 

"I am right! You're just too dumb to realize it!"

Cloudy shouted.

"Fuck you, I can-"

"I said shut up, or else-"

"Or else what bitch?"

"You don't want me to do something you'd regret later, do you!?"

Cloudy spoke with hostility.

A light aura appeared around the two boys in front of Hunter who seemed to notice what they did with his gaze following it to see what they did. The two froze with their mouths wide open unable to say a word with Hunter's eyes fixed onto them. Royal was on the sideline watching the two morons. Nick and Cloudy looked at them with curiosity at the sudden change but Hunter just gave a slight shrug with his hand and continued onward with his steps while he was being watched by the other three.

The group walked with their weapons drawn ready for any trouble that might happen at their backs with Hunter being in the lead with his giant blade strapped to his back.  A nearby village came by the adventurers and was quiet with the occasional passerby walking past them with the streets empty except for the ones that went on by with the exception of the few people sitting outside their homes and shops with their windows closed trying to stay out of the heat. The buildings were built with stone with large wooden doors with glass windows. The streets were paved with cobblestones and the sidewalks were covered with gravel. The roads were fairly wide and had a nice slope to it with the houses on both sides being in line with each other. The roofs were painted white with large chimneys on either side of each house. The buildings were spaced out nicely and there were trees lining both sides of the street to provide shade from the hot summer sun. There were several different types of flowers in pots on the side of the road, a few people tending to their plants and others looking out of their window at the travelers to see what they are here for. All the while, a young boy came out of an alleyway near a shop with a large bag on his shoulder and saw Hunter and the other three coming by. He saw his chance and quickly ran up to Hunter as fast as he could with a smile on his face. He knew he couldn't let this chance slip by as he wanted to be like Hunter and be a hero like him spotting his massive blade thinking he was a legend that came from the kingdom. He wanted to be strong like him so he could protect the weak and make sure that nobody would hurt them anymore. Hunter kneeled down with a saddened look on his face as if it was someone familiar he knew and patted the child's head.

"Kid.. I see what you are after. Money? You're hungry aren't you?"

The child nodded his head.

Hunter reached for his bag handing the boy two loafs of bread and some meat he was going to eat once they set up camp. The boy smiled and hopped up and down as if he had gotten a brand new toy. Hunter tossed the kid something else making the little guy catch it as he looked cautiously as to what it was.