Book 1 | Ch. 5 - Killing A God

Entrance To Splinter Forest

The forest was intimidating to say the least with its eerie silence and darkness that could swallow one whole when trapped inside

The forest was intimidating to say the least with its eerie silence and darkness that could swallow one whole when trapped inside. There was no wind that would graze them even for a little. Everything inside was tense and suffocating as if to ward off curious and idiotic travelers sending a clear warning if travelled further they will die. The formation of them as followed. Hunter at the front with Royal and Nick beside one another just behind him. Cloudy stood in the back getting a sense of paranoia knowing something wasn't right. He expressed his worries unable to bottle it in any further with the other two agreeing with what he was saying. Hunter told them to continue moving and to not stop for any kind of reason no matter how small nor large.

"This place is known for it's unusual atmosphere. You may have noticed by now but there is absolutely no animals, no monster nor any signs of life besides the plants and trees here. It's quite uncomfortable. But that isn't the real reason everyone avoids this place."

"Then what IS~ the reason then?"

Royal spoke feeling more concerned by the second.

"The pressure here is enough to crush bones. It can flatten anything that stands in here even if its just for a moment. It can rip limbs off and crush armor in the blink of an eye almost like a vortex. Many people have been sadly killed here either unknowingly or came in with a fool's mind. This place is regarded as an off-limits area by many and it if weren't for me you all would've been pulverized the second you stepped inside."

They all looked around seeing what he had done to protect them but couldn't spot anything noticeable. How was he protecting them they all wondered. Hunter picked up the pace down the never-ending forest telling them all that it was of course aura.

"I refined my energy and expanded it outward creating a barrier. That is what is keeping us alive right now. I hid it's presences on purpose so you could try and figure it out but you all had trouble. Bring some of your energy to your eyes then look again."

They all did as he ordered spotting a transparent barrier covered in the color crimson within a five meter radius of them all. They let out sounds of awe shocked at how beautiful it looked to be. Close to a glass like substance yet is transparent enough to make people go through it without any issue if they wished for it. He explained carefully that he would teach them later on how to see others aura in due time but changed his direction back toward the warped forest they were in. Each step they took further down the path of the forest the more disorientating the outside became. Hunter flinched getting a sign that something was closing in. The rest looked up ahead with sweat dripping down their necks. Hunter gazed around with stars in his eyes spotting the barrier beginning to crack shouting for the three to make a run for it.

"It won't last much longer! Let's go! Let's go! Stopping means death!"

They sprinted down the path with no light giving them even a hint to where they were going. Cloudy was in distress begging for the Hunter to help him forward feeling some kind of stress arise. Hunter couldn't afford another second telling Royal to fall back just a bit to help while he and Nick try to lead the way for them. Abruptly Cloudy began to scream out of fear and before long passed out due to extreme stress. Hunter stopped right in his tracks sliding over to Cloudy's aid not expecting him to just pass right out. He did what he could with the little time he had attempting to wake him up but it was no use he was out like a light. Hunter carried him onto his back and told the rest they needed to go faster than before now to make up for the lost time. The adrenaline was kicking into overdrive for them all as the dire situation only made Hunter's senses sharper than the others. Using what little he had at the moment he tried to get the three up toward the top of the forest to take a breather but the leaves were preventing their escape due to their excessive size. In a bind they only could go one way. Deeper into the forest. They were too far within the forest to head back now and rushed with great desperation. Each step felt as if an additional one hundred pounds was being added to their weight. At the center of the forest the pressure coming from the forest was nauseating, with everything around going in spirals. Fortunately just up ahead they witnessed a massive gateway with the area just ahead void of any kind of greenery. The space was completely different to the forest as if it spawned there. It was another dimension almost. Luckily the bone crushing pressure from before was lifted no longer in the danger zone. There was a double door at least fifty feet tall with an estimated weight of each door being around fifty tons. The door had specific engravings written onto the doorway showing what was to be an Axe on one side while the other was some kind of energy supposedly aura. They were all beat from the running they had to do and decided to take a small break before continuing.