Book 2 | Ch. 8 - Tranquil To Ambush

The sound of rain came in stronger than ever hitting the wooden floorboards of the ship similar to the speed of bullets waking Hunter up as he had no idea how he fell asleep in the first place. Trying to recall his memory the last thing that came to mind in helping him was of him sitting down near the wheel when Zack was steering the ship just a couple hours before. Only to wake up at the base of the ship on a bed. Lightning struck from afar as a storm hovered over the whole sea as more and more of the crew began to wake up from the party the day before. Many scuffled around the boat getting things prepared for the worst again as Royal and Cloudy popped in with Winn and Sami right beside them helping out. Hunter let out a small smirk before grabbing his attention toward the north side of the boat looking for any kind of threat that would endanger them all. A few minutes pass and the ocean waves could practically slice into the ship with how they were forming as he sprinted across the ship to where Zack was asking if he could help with anything.

"*Cough* *Cough*.. L-laddie if you could stop mother nature from being so cruel than do so. That would be a real blessing."

Captain Zack replied sarcastically.

Dense as a brick Hunter gave the ok to the old man leaping toward the front of the ship to the peak and did his best to stop the heavy water from pressing on the ship. He conjured his aura and sent it down his body to his feet as it began to spread onto the ship itself encasing it in a layer of energy.

"Laddie! Whatever you did, the waters aren't damaging the ship no more, keep it up!"

Zack exclaimed not seeing the aura surrounding the entire ship.

Hunter was not done still needing to finish what Zack had asked him before as he shouted for the rest to prepare themselves. Cloudy roared to the rest to take cover while he himself got goosebumps with the hairs on his arms raising.

Hunter grabbed the hilt of his blade as a heavy pressure consumed them all. Their bodies felt as if the skin on their bodies were attempting to rip off and run to where there was safety. A huff and a puff he swung his monstrous blade with absolute strength upward toward the sky splitting the clouds apart where the suns light crept into the active gray and gloomy damp sea. They all looked with their jaws wide open never expecting a weapon let alone a human to split the skies apart with just human limitations alone.

"He really took my words to heart quite literally. *cough*.. This man~. Who really is he?"

Zack whispered to himself in awe witnessing something that was practically impossible to do.

They all locked eyes as Hunter stood heroically at the edge of the boat looking out covering the sunlight with his hand to see further out.

"You guys said he was only your guardian? What does he do for a living to be capable of THAT?!"

Winn whispered pointing with his finger up at the blatant severed skies.

Cloudy, Nick and Royal looked at one another with two out of the three having no idea what to say. Nick spoke up for the two with a groggy voice.

"I'll be honest with you.. he's an idiot who does magic tricks."

The three looked at him as Nick said that with a blank expression on him. No one after that took him seriously after that remark as they left Nick to suffer with his motion sickness for the rest of the day. Sami dragged the three to the south part of the ship to the base of the ship behind multiple stacked boxes to skip out on working for a bit.

"We are gonna get our ass beaten by the captain if he finds where we are."

Winn cautiously reminded Sami.