Chapter 99

The time for the coronation is about to begin, and guests have finally arrived at the palace to witness the prince and the new queen. As the music fills the grand hall, some guests are already twirling on the dance floor, while others without partners engage in lively conversations at the dining tables.

"Samuel, it's good to see you again," Lance greets as the two men shake hands. "How have you been?"

"Likewise, Lance," Oak replies. "Things have been going well in recent years."

The former Champions are also in attendance at the ball, exchanging greetings with familiar faces. Dawn and Tox approach Cynthia with warm smiles.

"It's wonderful to see you again, Cynthia."

Cynthia returns the sentiment. "And it's a pleasure to see both of you as well, Tox. I've heard you've become an excellent doctor."

"Thank you. I couldn't have achieved it without Ash's support," Tox acknowledges.

Diantha approaches Serena and Elline, who are engrossed in conversation, and they exchange greetings before delving into a discussion about the latest movies.

While others scan the room, Mallow turns to Gary with curiosity. "Gary, have you spotted Lillie and Gladion?"

Gary gestures toward a specific direction. "Lillie and Gladion? They're right over there."

They turn around to see Lillie and Gladion engaged in conversation with Leon. Mallow can't contain her curiosity and asks, "Lillie? Is that really you?"

Lillie hears her friends calling her name and turns around, revealing her striking resemblance to Ash in his female disguise. The group is stunned by her appearance as she responds with a warm smile, "It's so good to see all of you again."

Misty, still puzzled, inquires, "What happened, and why do you look so much like Ash?"

Lillie explains, "We didn't show you this form before because we were usually in our true selves. Ash adopted us into the family, and we also underwent the Aura Test to become like this."

Gladion adds, "As much as we'd love to chat more, shouldn't we go and get ready? Our mother needs us for the coronation."

"Right, sorry, guys, we have to go," Lillie says as she and Gladion make their exit. Leon takes it upon himself to fill in the details.

"So, now that Lillie and Gladion are part of the Ketchum family, they're also going to be the prince and princess of the Rota," May gasps in realization.

"Indeed they are," Max affirms, greeting others with a smile.

Queen Ilene abruptly halts the music, capturing everyone's attention as she prepares to make an announcement. "Greetings, everyone. Thank you all for gracing us with your presence at this coronation ball. The time for merriment is drawing to a close, and the coronation is upon us."

As the crowd falls into silence, Queen Ilene continues, "Before we proceed, it's essential to understand the reasons behind this coronation. In the world, there exist three influential aura families. One of them is the Sakaki Family, known for their mastery of dark arts. It's thanks to the cooperation of the other two families, who were once adversaries, that we have managed to put an end to the Sakaki Family's reign of darkness."

The crowd erupts into cheers, but Queen Ilene remains undisturbed by the added noise.

She continues, "These two families are the Masho Family, primarily comprised of females, and, lastly, the family I belong to—the Ketchum Family."

Her revelation sends shockwaves through the audience. Clemont voices the question on everyone's mind, "Does that mean Ash is related to the queen?"

Dawn nods in confirmation. "Indeed. Queen Ilene is, in fact, his aunt from his father's side."