Chapter 84

s everyone gathers outside, they notice Ash performing an Aura Test. Delia is intrigued and inquires, "Ash, are you adopting another member into our family?"

Ash nods with a smile and confirms, "Yes, Mom. Alice and I visited an orphanage, and we've decided to adopt a young boy who's had a challenging past there."

Delia understands and remarks, "I see." They watch as Trenor successfully passes the Aura Test, and Ash extends a helping hand to him. "Congratulations, Trenor. You're now officially a part of our family."

"Thank you, brother," Trenor expresses with gratitude. Ash introduces Trenor to everyone, and they warmly welcome him into the family. Delia, too, extends a warm welcome, embracing him as her third son.

What truly surprises Trenor is when Arceus acknowledges him and presents him with the gift of a Legendary Pokémon, Landorus, to aid him on his journey. Ash, noticing Trenor's potential, offers him the role of Ground-type Leader. With Eve's guidance and support, Trenor embarks on his journey as a trainer, capturing Pokémon like Clodsire, Garchomp, Steelix, Camerupt, Claydol, and Dugtrio to form his formidable Ground-type team.

As Ash and Alice assist Trenor in creating the city where his gym is located, Trenor designs a vast desert that stretches between Greeny City and Rotaeel City. In the midst of this desert, he envisions a town crafted from abandoned trains and names it Isolate Town. Trenor reveals an intriguing secret about this new creation – beneath the desert, he has constructed a complex maze. Those who manage to navigate through it will uncover a hidden treasure. Eager to embark on this adventure, everyone gives it a try, and it takes nearly a hundred attempts before someone finally reaches the treasure.

Ash remarks, "The concept of the Underground Maze is truly fascinating."

Alice agrees, saying, "I concur. It's a lot of fun. Although, I wonder where Trenor managed to find all that gold hidden inside the maze. Where did it come from?"

Ash shrugs and suggests, "It might be from minerals deep within the earth."

Trenor is not just focused on the maze; he also aspires to join the Rapidash Racers. Delia takes on the responsibility of training him, pairing him with his Mudsdale. Trenor turns out to be a quick learner, and in just a few weeks, he masters the skills, achieving a level on par with Ash and Alice.

With their new quest to capture Ground-type Pokémon underway, Ash and Alice begin their search in Unova since Kalos lacks the specific Ground-types they need.

In Wellspring Cave, they encounter a Drilbur and successfully capture it. They invest time and effort into training it, eventually evolving it into an Excadrill.

Their journey takes them to Route 8, where they hope to capture a Stunfisk. However, during the battle, Stunfisk's Mud-Slap accidentally knocks off Krookodile's black glasses.

Concerned, Ash remarks, "We need to find those black glasses as soon as possible."

Alice agrees and says, "You're right. I'll help Krookodile find its glasses. You continue trying to capture Stunfisk." She rushes to assist Krookodile, vividly recalling the first time she witnessed Krookodile's distress when it lost its glasses. It had even attempted to steal Blastoise's glasses, resulting in a heated altercation between the two, which was a challenge to resolve.

After a thorough search, Alice uses the Super Rod to fish the black glasses out of the water. The glasses are slightly damaged, but Alice skillfully repairs them on the spot.

"Here you go," Alice says, handing the glasses back to Krookodile, which immediately calms down and appears delighted. Simultaneously, Ash successfully captures the Stunfisk.