Chapter 10

"Gah..." Delia is now out of the test, and she sits on the floor, visibly exhausted. Ash, Pikachu, Alice, and her own Pokémon all wear expressions of concern, aware of the life-threatening consequences of failing the test. Delia notices their worry and offers them a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I'm fine now."

Ash speaks up, his admiration evident in his voice. "Mom, you're incredibly strong. You've passed the Aura Test without hesitation, and you can wield Aura just like us."

Delia gazes at her hands, recalling how Red had shown her the use of aura weapons. She focuses, channeling her aura into her hand, and a wand materializes. "I did it..."

Delia sighs with happiness as she rises to her feet. Ash, overwhelmed with pride, embraces her. "You've truly done it, Mom. Now, no one can harm you anymore."

"I know," Delia replies. "Honestly, the tasks were incredibly challenging to overcome, but I've already endured so much pain that they couldn't really affect me."

"I understand, and I'm relieved I don't have to face those tasks," Alice chimes in.

Ash chuckles warmly. "I'm pretty sure none of us need to go through that."

Delia brings out every single one of Ash's Pokémon, spanning from Kanto to Paldea, and they rush toward him, eager to hug their beloved trainer, their eyes brimming with nostalgia. However, Ash raises a hand adorned with the special ring, a symbol of his authority and protection.

"Calm down, everyone," Ash says, his voice carrying a hint of composure that seems to distance him from his Pokémon. It's as if they're facing someone different from their usual trainer. "Please, don't do that to me. Many of you have been under the control of Team Rocket, and my body hasn't fully recovered from the ordeal."

The Pokémon express their surprise, trying to explain their innocence. But Ash continues, his tone unwavering. "You were manipulated by Team Rocket, but I assure you, we've freed you all. This form of control isn't ordinary; it amplifies the darkest thoughts in your minds, aimed at breaking me down. You may harbor negative thoughts about me, or else you wouldn't have succumbed so easily."

This revelation causes their brows to furrow, a mix of guilt and confusion in their eyes. Ash presses on. "Now that you're back on my team, it's time for some honesty. In the past, when I ventured to other regions, I often used the new Pokémon I caught instead of you. I understand some of you have been itching for a good battle, waiting for years to fight alongside me, but it never happened until now. If any of you no longer wish to be on my team, feel free to leave."

Much to Ash's surprise, not a single Pokémon desires to part ways. Their voices rise in unison, assuring him of their loyalty and love, acknowledging that he's not a bad trainer, and that they want to remain by his side. Ash nods and addresses his Pokémon with a warm smile. "I'm glad you're all on board. Now, I have some news to share with you."

He takes Alice's hand and leads her towards his Pokémon. "This is my girlfriend, Alice. We'll be sharing responsibilities as your trainers from now on, so please treat her with the same respect you've shown me."

Alice is taken aback by the revelation but stands beside Ash, ready to embrace her new role. The Pokémon are surprised to learn about Ash's relationship, as it wasn't any of the girls they knew. However, they don't want to upset their trainer, so they accept Alice as their new leader.

"I may not have Ash's talent," Alice says, bowing respectfully to the Pokémon. "But I promise to try my best to build strong bonds with each of you."

Some of the Pokémon begin to warm up to Alice, sensing her sincerity.