Chapter 2

A week has swiftly passed since Ash set foot on Sevestar Island. Arceus has summoned other Legendaries to join them, and together, they uncover the harsh truth of the trials Ash has endured. Encouragement and support pour in from these powerful beings, bolstering his determination.

During his days on the island, Ash dedicates himself to rigorous training under their guidance. He delves into his father's diary, hungry for insight into the man he barely knew. The Aura training proves arduous, with the need to master 18 weapons and their intricate moves. In the beginning, wielding these tools feels foreign and unsettling, resembling deadly implements from the movies. Yet, day after day, Ash perseveres, gradually growing more adept until he masters each weapon.

The diary reveals the depth of his father's love for Valerie, a revelation that surprises Ash, especially given Valerie's lack of recognition when they first met. As he immerses himself in the diary's pages, he becomes more resolute than ever to fulfill his father's wishes: thwarting Team Rocket and seeking vengeance for his and his twin sister's tragic deaths.

"Ash, come closer. I have a task for you," Arceus summons him, and Ash obliges. "What's on your mind, Arceus?"

"Our primary objective is to thwart Team Rocket, which is why you're undergoing Aura weapon training," Arceus explains. "However, Giovanni possesses powerful Pokémon, and you currently lack any companions. Confronting both Dark Aura and his Pokémon together would prove challenging."

Ash's concern surfaces. "So, what's the plan? My own Pokémon consider me weak... and who will aid me in taking down Giovanni?"

Arceus offers a solution. "You must understand that, besides the Ketchum Family, the Mache Family also exists, and they are willing to assist you. Your parents resolved the conflict between our two families, and now it's time for both to unite against the nefarious Sakaki Family."

Confused, Ash seeks clarification. "So, I should seek out a member of the Mache Family to aid me? But who should I approach? Finding Valerie might jeopardize her job..."

Arceus reassures him. "Worry not. I've selected the ideal partner for you. She'll not only assist in your battle against Team Rocket but is also a potential match for you," Arceus teases with a smirk.

Ash blushes at the mention of a potential mate. However, as he recalls the hurtful words Serena and Lillie directed at him in Pallet Town, he grapples with his ability to embrace love once more.

"So, who is this person you're talking about?" Ash asks, his focus shifting away from the notion of having a mate.

Arceus proceeds to explain, "I've informed Articuno about the situation, and he can guide you to your destination." Articuno approaches them and bows, signaling Ash to hop on. Without hesitation, they take off to search for the Mache family member.

As they soar through the skies, Ash observes the familiar landscape below, realizing that they're over the Kalos Region. Concern creases his brow, and he voices his apprehensions, "Why are we going to Kalos? What if I encounter more attacks..."

Articuno reassures him, "Fear not. Your destination is the Pokémon Village—a place with minimal human presence. I'm confident she will be there waiting for you." With their decision made, Articuno initiates their descent towards the Pokémon Village.

Amidst the relentless blizzard, a solitary girl trudges through the snow, her emotions a turbulent mix of terror and sorrow. Her voice quivers as she calls out, "Mom! Dad! Flora! Eve! Can anyone hear me?"

In the desolate, frozen landscape, her pleas echo unanswered. Lost in the midst of the blinding blizzard, she longs to shed tears but finds herself unable to do so, the emotions trapped within her by the merciless storm. By her side, her loyal Pokémon, Froslass, attempts to offer solace and comfort.