Chapter 62

In preparation for filming the movie version of "Love in the Darkness," Ash and Alice head to Kanto a few days before their scheduled meeting with the movie crew. Their primary objective is to capture Electric-type Pokémon for the movie.

During their visit to the Power Plant, their attempts to capture Electric-type Pokémon proved successful. They encounter an Electrode masquerading as a Poké Ball, which provides a comical moment, and then they find a Jolteon. This Jolteon was once an Eevee that had somehow sneaked into the Power Plant and accidentally touched a Thunder Stone, causing its evolution.

As Pikachu explores the area, he stumbles upon a Pikachu and a Raichu engaged in intensive training. The Pikachu is using Volt Tackle, while the Raichu is enduring the powerful attacks thanks to its Lightning Rod Ability.

Pikachu decides to initiate a conversation, saying, "Hello?" This grabs the attention of the two mouse Pokémon, who turn to face Pikachu, along with Ash and Alice. The Raichu responds, "Hello, what brings you here?"

Alice notices, "A female Pikachu and a female Raichu. Have you been living here?"

The female Pikachu replies, "Yes, we've been living here for the past 20 years, ever since the day when my twin brother disappeared."

Ash is intrigued and asks, "Twin brother? Could you please tell us more about it?"

The female Raichu sighs deeply and begins to explain their family's painful history, "It's connected to my husband. After I laid two eggs and hatched them into Pichus, my husband was captured by a trainer. We tried to locate him, but when we finally found him, he was not the same. He had become cruel and attacked us. We managed to escape, but we were separated from our son and have been hiding here ever since."

Ash's Pikachu can't hide his shock, and Ash responds empathetically, "I understand. It's possible that your husband was influenced by that trainer. There are indeed some evil trainers out there. We are not like them; we're aura users searching for Electric-type Pokémon for our team."

The female Pikachu asks, "If that's the case, could you help us find our missing brother? I've heard that aura users are known to assist Pokémon..."

Ash, despite never having taken on a task like this, agrees, saying, "I've never done this before, but we'll do our best to help you." He tries to sense the aura, but he can only feel Pikachu's aura. Confused, Ash remarks, "Pikachu, can you please step further away? I can only sense your aura."

Pikachu complies, taking a step back, but when Ash attempts to scan again, he exclaims, "Wait, why can't I sense your aura? All I can pick up is my own Pikachu's aura..."

Pikachu steps forward, revealing his true identity, and says with emotion, "Ash, there's no need to scan anymore... It's really me, your lost son and brother!"

Ash and Alice are both stunned by the revelation, and Raichu gasps, "Is it really you, my son?"

Pikachu explains, "The story you shared triggered my memories, and I recalled everything. I thought you both had abandoned me. And because of Dad's experiences, I initially had a distrust of humans until I met my trainer..."

Ash realizes, "So that's why you didn't listen to me at first, and why you always had reservations about battling Raichus..."

Alice adds in astonishment, "So we've essentially found Pikachu's parents?"

Pikachu's parents confirm this, but then Zapdos, the Legendary Bird Pokémon, makes a sudden appearance before them. Alice remarks in surprise, "Zapdos? The Legendary Bird Pokémon?"

Zapdos explains, "I've been waiting for you ever since you captured both Articuno and Moltres, but you never came. I was present when both of you were born, so I recognize the electricity you use."