Chapter 51

Ash stands outside the imposing entrance of Rustboro City's Gym, the first hurdle on his journey to conquer the Hoenn League. His heart races with anticipation as he steps inside, ready to face Roxanne, the formidable Rock Type Gym Leader. Roxanne, her expression calm and composed, emerges from the shadows, flanked by her loyal Pokemon, Golem and Probopass. "Welcome, challenger," she says with a hint of a smile.

The battle begins, and the arena echoes with the clash of rock and elemental power. Ash, quick on his feet, sends out his trusted partners, Medicham and Sceptile, to take on Roxanne's imposing duo. The arena becomes a battlefield, filled with swift movements and powerful attacks. As the battle unfolds, Alice notices two figures in the shadows. It's none other than Steven Stone, the renowned champion of Hoenn. Beside him stands a boy who bears a striking resemblance to Steven himself. Alice deduces that the boy must be Steven's son, a thought that intrigues her. Despite the intense battle, Ash doesn't have the chance to exchange words with Steven and his son. They soon depart, presumably headed back to the Devon Corporation, leaving Ash to focus on the challenge before him.

In Dewford Town, Ash faces Brawly, the Gym Leader known for his Fighting-type Pokemon. Thanks to the advice from his friend Mark, Brawly presents Ash with a formidable challenge. This time, Brawly employs the strength of Hariyama, Medicham, and Machamp, pushing Ash to his limits. The battle rages on, filled with powerful moves and unrelenting determination. It's a closer match than Ash anticipated, but in the end, he manages to secure victory. With his hard-earned win, he adds the Knuckle Badge to his collection, marking another step towards becoming a Hoenn League Champion. After the gym battle, Ash and his friends gather at the luxurious FS Resort for a well-deserved celebration. They relish in the joy of their second Hoenn Gym victory, savoring a feast fit for champions.

Their excitement about continuing their gym battles is abruptly interrupted by an urgent call from their mother. The International Police need their assistance, and they quickly set out on a new mission. Their destination: Pokestar Studios in the Unova Region, where a famous idol named Yancy Ruri is scheduled to have a fan meeting.

"So, what's the task, Golly?" Ash inquires with a sense of concern in his voice.

Golly responds with a grim tone, "According to Mom, she received a taunting letter from the culprit. This person is a serial killer who has already claimed the lives of six idols. The letter states that he intends to strike at 10:30, which is only 12 minutes from now. What's our plan?"

Alice, always practical in a crisis, suggests, "One of us needs to act as a shield to protect Yancy from any potential bullets or weapons the terrorist might use. The other two should focus on apprehending or neutralizing the terrorist. This person has been on the loose for years, and we can't afford to let them harm anyone else."

Ash steps forward decisively, declaring, "Alright, I'll be the one to shield Yancy. You two go after the terrorist." Both Alice and Golly nod in agreement as Ash swiftly makes his way behind the stage, ready to fulfill his role in this high-stakes operation.

As the clock strikes 10:30, a gunshot rings out, sending shockwaves through the crowd. Panic ensues as fans scream and scramble to escape the chaotic scene. In the midst of the chaos, Ash rushes onto the stage and shoves Yancy out of harm's way, narrowly avoiding the bullet that tears through the stage's backdrop.

Breathing heavily, Ash looks at Yancy and asks urgently, "Ms. Yancy, are you alright?"

Yancy, trembling with fear and disbelief, responds, "What just happened? Who are you?"

"We're from the International Police," Ash quickly displays his police badge. "We received a threatening letter from a notorious serial killer who intended to assassinate you at 10:30."