Chapter 17

In the Hoenn Region, Ash and Alice arrive at Lavaridge Town, eager to relax in the hot spring. Given that it's a shared space, they know they can't fully disrobe.

"We came here because Helen really wanted to experience a hot spring for Fiero City," Ash remarks. "Though she still needs to take care of the restaurant..."

"It's fortunate that we've hired some staff members to assist," Alice adds. "I'm also pleasantly surprised that Professor Birch gave me a Torchic when we arrived in the Hoenn Region."

"He didn't recognize me, and since you're new to the Hoenn region, it's customary for new trainers to receive a Starter Pokemon," Ash explains.

"Yeah, and we did venture into Fiery Path, where we captured a Numel. I suppose we're nearly done with our Hoenn captures," Alice says.

After leaving the hot spring, the two of them return to Sevestar Island to train their new Pokemon. They also manage to locate two Mega Stones, one for Camerupt and the other for Blaziken.

Blaziken: Ability: Speed Boost/Speed Boost (Mega). Moves: Scratch, Blaze Kick, Fire Pledge, Bulk Up, Sky Uppercut, Peck

Camerupt: Ability: Magma Armor/Sheer Force (Mega). Moves: Yawn, Eruption, Heat Crash, Temper Flare, Earth Power, Rock Slide

Torkoal: Ability: White Smoke. Moves: Smokescreen, Eruption, Heat Wave, Inferno, Amnesia, Curse

A few days later, Ash and Alice arrived at Cinnabar Island, greeted by a landscape marred by fire and decay.

"This place looks scorched and desolate," Alice observes.

"It's the same location where Team Rocket created Mewtwo," Ash remarks. "After its destruction, it's become a haven for Fire and Poison Type Pokemon."

"I see," Alice replies.

They continue their journey to Victory Road, where they encounter Moltres and successfully capture the legendary Pokemon. Ash reminisces, "I remember the last time I had to nearly plunge into the lava to subdue Moltres."

Alice scolds him, "You can't risk your life like that! It's too reckless!"

"I promise not to take such reckless risks anymore, especially with you by my side," Ash reassures her.

Their final destination is Celadon City, where they discover an Eevee and purchase some Fire Stones to evolve their newly acquired Fire Type Pokemon. They also visit a perfume shop, fulfilling a request from Flora in Greeny City. To avoid recognition, they adopt disguises provided by Dean and Whith. Afterward, they train their Pokemon until they reach their final evolutions. Ash also trains Charizard in Mega Evolution and Gigantamax since he possesses two of them.

Charizard: Ability: Blaze/Tough Claws (Mega X)/Drought (Mega Y) Moves: Hold Hands, Blast Burn, Fire Spin, Heat Wave, Air Slash, Dragon Rage

Ninetales: Ability: Drought. Moves: Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Extrasensory, Grudge, Hex, Nasty Plot

Arcanine: Ability: Intimidate. Moves: Extreme Speed, Ember, Heat Wave, Raging Fury, Thunder Fang, Reversal

Rapidash: Ability: Run Away. Moves: Fury Attack, Growl, Flare Blitz, Inferno, Bounce, Smart Strike

Flareon: Ability: Flash Fire. Moves: Scary Face, Ember, Fire Blast, Lava Plume, Smog, Bite

Moltres: Ability: Flame Body. Moves: Safeguard, Burn Up, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Hurricane, Roost

They continued to pursue Connoisseur exams, tirelessly working towards achieving S-Class rank. Despite the opportunity to establish their own store, they chose a different path, requesting the life of a wandering Connoisseur.