Chapter 49

When they return to Sevestar Island, Delia and Valerie embrace their children warmly. Valerie inquires, "We heard from Delia about your first mission. Did everything go smoothly? Were any of you hurt?"

Ash, facing his mother, responds, "We're all fine, thanks for asking. But there are some pressing questions I need answers to."

He retrieves the doll that Sabrina had given him and continues, "Mother, I'm grateful that you sent Sabrina to assist us, considering Psychics are unaffected by Dark Aura. I'd hate to think of anyone else getting involved."

Delia nods in agreement, saying, "Initially, I considered asking Koga, but ninjas are still vulnerable to Dark Aura. Sabrina was undoubtedly the wisest choice."

Ash then presents the doll to Delia, who examines it with astonishment. "This is what the doll looks like now," he says, handing it over to her.

Mark examines the doll closely and questions, "Mother, why does this doll bear such a striking resemblance to us?"

Before Delia can respond, Ash urgently asks, "Please, Mother, tell me the truth. Is this doll... Golly?"

"Calm down, Ash," Delia urges, her own curiosity piqued. "I'm as bewildered as you are. But how can this even be possible?"

Growing impatient, Mark voices his annoyance, demanding, "Who is this Golly person, and what have you been keeping from us?"

Alice sighs and explains, "I've heard Ash mention this before... Golly was Ash's twin sister, correct?"

"I have a sister?" Mark exclaims in shock. "And she's... gone?"

Tears well up in Delia's eyes as she struggles to maintain her composure. "Golly was taken from us when Team Rocket attacked my husband and me on our wedding day," she reveals. Her voice quivers as she continues, "She was just three years old... Team Rocket took her life in cold blood... We had to lay her to rest in the Pokémon Tower... But how has she transformed into this monstrous entity known as Buried Alive?"

"Buried Alive is a malevolent entity that lures its victims into the tower and consumes them, only emerging once a month," Ash explains. "Perhaps because Golly was just a three-year-old child, her soul became corrupted within the Pokémon Tower."

"If that's the case," Alice ponders, "how do we go about purifying a corrupted soul?"

With no clear answers in sight, Ash and Alice turn to Arceus, hoping that the deity might have a solution. After finding Arceus training with Palkia in a secluded area, they bring the doll to him and lay out the entire story. Arceus listens intently before finally speaking, "I see... so she is your twin sister."

Desperation evident in his voice, Ash implores, "Arceus, is there any way to purify her soul? She may be corrupted, but she's still my sister."

Arceus sighs, attempting to summon Giratina. Suddenly, not just one but two Giratina emerge from a swirling portal. One of the Giratina recognizes Ash and approaches him.

"It's good to see you again, Giratina," Ash greets the enigmatic Pokémon.

The hostile Giratina continues to eye Arceus with suspicion, but Arceus remains unfazed. Inquisitive, Alice asks, "Why are there two Giratina?"

The friendly Giratina sighs and explains, "That's my twin brother. He harbors resentment toward Father Arceus because of his banishment. I, on the other hand, volunteered to stay in the Distortion World."

Ash nods in understanding, saying, "I've heard about that. So, are you here to join my team as well?"

Giratina replies, "I would consider it, but first, we need to fulfill what Arceus has asked of us."