Chapter 98

Inside the Cameron Palace, Queen Ilene stands by the balcony, gazing at the horizon, lost in thought. Jenny, her trusted maid, approaches and asks, "Your Highness, what's on your mind?"

Queen Ilene turns to Jenny, her expression contemplative. "Ten years ago, the Sakaki Family's control cloud spread its influence across the regions. It brought suffering to the youngest member of the Ketchum family. However, I can sense that the power of both the Ketchum and the Mache Family, our long-standing nemesis, have joined forces to vanquish this threat. Moreover... it seems that two families, who once harbored deep animosity, have now found peace, thanks to my brother Red and their member Valerie. It feels as though the two families have come together."

Jenny nods, understanding the significance of these developments. "That's wonderful news, isn't it? With the Sakaki Family finally defeated and the Ketchum and Mache Families reconciled since the era of Queen Rin, it's a reason to celebrate."

Ilene reflects on her family's history and the recent changes. "You're right. This kingdom was originally meant to be my brother's, but he was tragically killed. I believe it's time to name his son as his heir. Furthermore, I think it's time for me to step down from the position of Queen."

Jenny is taken aback by this announcement. "You're planning to step down?"

"Yes, Jenny," Ilene confirms. "I've been contemplating this ever since Delia asked me to conduct an Aura test for her. The rightful queen should be her, not me. She deserves it after enduring years of loneliness due to the Sakaki Family's actions."

Jenny then inquires, "What are your plans for the future, Your Highness?"

Ilene responds with determination, "I've already reached out to my sister, and she will offer me a place to stay after I step down." She proceeds to call a Pidgey and attaches a letter to the Pokémon, finalizing her intentions.

With the revelation of the Sevestar Region, a wave of people began flocking to the newly discovered land. Some fall in love with the region and choose to make it their permanent home, while others relish the opportunity to explore a new region. However, not everyone is pleased with Sevestar, and Ash and his companions find themselves facing opposition from those who seek to harm the region. Among the challenges they face are individuals who detest the region's existence.

Complaints arise about the gyms in Sevestar, particularly the first one that already requires six Pokémon for battle. Despite the difficulties, some trainers embrace the challenge and dedicate themselves to conquering the gyms with the hope of one day facing Ash.

During one of Ash and Alice's training sessions with the Rod of Darkness and the Whip of the Forest, Ash notices his Pidgeot flying into the sky to intercept a Pidgey. Pidgeot delivers a letter, and Ash, curious, decides to read it within the castle where Lillie, Delia, and Valerie are present. He shares the contents of the letter with them, revealing that it is from Queen Ilene.

Confused by the sudden letter, Delia wonders aloud, "Ilene? Why would she send a letter now?"

Ash opens the letter, his expression changing as he reads its contents. A gasp escapes his lips, and he mutters, "No way... Please, tell me this isn't real."

Delia takes the letter, quickly scans its first half, and then hands it back to Ash. She explains to the others, "It seems Ash is about to become a prince."

Curious, Alice inquires, "What does the letter say?"

Ash beams with excitement as he reveals, "Because we dismantled Team Rocket and managed to reconcile the two feuding families, Queen Ilene, my father's younger sister, wants me to become the heir to the kingdom."