Chapter 33

Back in the Sevestar Region, Ash and Alice are sitting with their families, eagerly awaiting Delia's recount of her past. To their surprise, Delia has also brought a guest along, and Ash immediately recognizes her as Palermo Yashino, the Founder of Showcases.

Eve, unable to contain her curiosity, speaks up, "Aren't you the Founder of the Showcases, Ms. Palermo Yashino?" Palermo nods graciously in acknowledgment.

Delia takes a deep breath and begins, "Ash, this is someone very important. She is my mother, which means she's your grandmother."

Ash's eyes widen in astonishment, and he stammers, "I... I have a grandmother?"

Palermo smiles warmly, her eyes twinkling with emotion, "Yes, Ash. It has indeed been a while since we last met, and there are reasons why your mother never told you about her family on my side. While you know a lot about your father's family, the Ketchum family, who are also aura users, it's time you learned about our family too."

"What makes my mother's family so special?" Ash inquires, his curiosity piqued.

Yashino clears her throat before revealing, "The Yashino Family has had a long history as bounty hunters and assassins. It's not something we take pride in. Each member of our family undergoes intense training, specifically in the art of elimination."

The revelation sends shockwaves through everyone at the table, their faces reflecting their horror and disbelief. Delia somberly continues, "My own father insisted that I undergo this training. He was far from being the best father, and the rigorous training pushed me to my limits. In the end, I... I had no choice but to end his life."

Ash's expression darkens as he processes the disturbing information. Palermo adds, "It's a grim reality, but your grandfather's last words were a twisted congratulation to Aurora for successfully killing him, a sign that she had become a proficient bounty hunter and assassin."

Flora shakes her head in disbelief, murmuring, "That's incredibly messed up..."

Valerie chimes in, "I've heard a little about this from Red before, but I had no idea it was such a significant part of your family history."

"It only added to the turmoil when Team Rocket kidnapped Aurora when she was just 9 years old," Palermo reveals with a heavy heart.

Ash's eyes widen with realization, and he mutters, "I think I remember... during the Aura Test I conducted on Mom, we saw those memories. Team Rocket turned you into their deadliest assassin, and you were forced to do unspeakable things..."

Delia nods, her voice filled with remorse, "I can never forget the guilt that haunts me to this day, but I've chosen to move forward because it's the only way I can survive."

Palermo reflects on her own motivations, admitting, "Losing her was devastating, which is why I decided to create Showcases. I hoped that one day she would return and fulfill her dream of becoming the Kalos Queen."

Ash is taken aback, asking, "So Showcases were founded to find my mother?"

Palermo nods in confirmation, and Delia continues her confession, "During my time with Team Rocket, I committed numerous terrible acts. I even became the Kanto Champion under their orders to keep Giovanni's true identity as the Viridian City Gym Leader a secret. I never failed their missions, until the day I encountered Valerie and Red simultaneously."

Valerie somberly recalls, "When Delia found Red and me, we were in the middle of a secret meeting. She had been sent to eliminate us, and there was no choice but to fight. In the end, we managed to emerge victorious. Aurora, driven by her failure, attempted to take her own life, but we intervened. With Red's assistance, we arranged for International Police protection and provided her with a new identity, Delia, to ensure Team Rocket couldn't track her down."