Chapter 5

The next morning, Alice remains in her room, engaging her aura to communicate with Articuno, who resides within his Poké Ball. Her voice carries a note of concern as she confides, "Articuno, the League is on the hunt for me. They believe I'm the one responsible for Giovanni's demise and freezing the Team Rocket grunts in ice. I'm scared... What if they discover the whole truth? What will people think of me?"

Understanding her turmoil, Articuno offers reassurance, "Dear Alice, some truths are best kept hidden. I'm certain that Ash wouldn't want your secret exposed either."

Alice's face brightens with joy as she shares, "But can you believe it? I got to meet my idol yesterday, and we fought against Team Rocket together... And he also confessed that he's fallen in love with me! Is it really true, or am I just lost in my fantasies?"

"Don't fret, Alice. I've heard the same from Ash," Articuno replies. "If you're still uncertain, how about we return to Sevestar Island and hear the whole truth from him? If you release me in the Pokémon Village, we can avoid the prying eyes of the public."

Alice's smile grows as she dons her jacket and makes her way downstairs. Eve has left for Lumiose City for her studies, Flora is tending to matters at the Laverre Gym, and Wulfric is currently occupied with a trainer challenge at the Snowbelle Gym. This leaves Valerie as the only one at home.

Valerie notices that Alice is wearing her shoes and jacket, and her cheerful demeanor doesn't escape her attention. She inquires with curiosity, "Alice? Where are you off to?"

"I'm heading to the Pokémon Village," Alice replies. "I made some new friends there yesterday, and I promised them that we'd have some fun today."

Valerie blinks in surprise, fully aware of Alice's shyness and her long struggle with depression. She remarks, "You know, Alice, it's been a while since I've seen you smile like this. Are you sure everything is alright?"

Alice reassures her mother, saying, "Don't worry, Mom. Everything is fine, I promise. I really need to go now; it wouldn't be polite to keep them waiting."

"Make sure you're back before dinner," Valerie advises as Alice rushes out the door. After her daughter leaves, Valerie stands alone by the doorway, lost in thought. Memories from the past resurface, reminding her of a time when she behaved similarly, keeping a secret relationship with Red.

"Is it just a coincidence?" Valerie ponders, feeling a sense of déjà vu.

Following Articuno's instructions, Alice makes her way to the Pokémon Village and, with the majestic bird's assistance, arrives at Sevestar Island. The tranquil surroundings greet her, and she spots Ash and Arceus sitting together on the grass, engrossed in a book.

"Ash!" Alice calls out, and her voice catches his attention. He leaps up from his spot and rushes over to her, enveloping her in a warm, tight hug that leaves Alice blushing intensely.

"I'm so glad you came, Alice!" Ash exclaims with a bright smile.

Unable to contain her curiosity any longer, Alice shyly asks, "I couldn't stop thinking about your words yesterday. I want to know, did you truly mean it when you said you've fallen in love with me?"

Ash responds by planting a gentle kiss on her cheek and says, "Does this answer your question?"

Alice gasps, realizing that everything he said was indeed true. Encouraged, she continues, "So, does that mean we're now boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"That's fine with me," Ash responds. "However, should we keep it a secret? I'm just worried your family might not approve of our relationship..."

Alice reassures him, saying, "You don't have to worry about that. My parents speak highly of you. You defeated my mother's Trick Room strategy with Hawlucha's X-Scissor and bested my dad's Mega Abomasnow with your Ash-Greninja!"