Chapter 36

As Bryce joins the team, Arceus surprises him by blessing him with the Legendary Pokémon Kyurem, expanding his already formidable team to include Cetitan, Darmanitan, Hisuian Avalugg, Abomasnow, Cryogonal, and Eiscue. Bryce's decision to set up his gym atop Mount Iceat, a mountainous location, surprises Alice, but she eventually agrees to support his choice. With Lillie's assistance, they secure an Icium Z on Mount Lanakila for Bryce.

As night falls, Ash stands on the castle's balcony, lost in thought. Alice, wearing her pajamas, approaches him and asks, "Can't sleep, Ash?"

Ash replies, "Yeah... I've got a lot on my mind."

Alice expresses concern, "You can talk to me about what's bothering you. I want to help you. Are you thinking about the past again? You promised you wouldn't dwell on those dark times."

Ash reassures her, "I haven't been hurting myself, Alice. Your therapy has been a huge help. I've just been reflecting on who I was before the Team Rocket incident... Now, I've won two Grand Festivals in a row – first in Hoenn and then in Alola."

Ash's memories take him back to the Alolan Grand Festival, where he participated in Contests and managed to claim victory. The memory stings slightly, as Mallow was also a contestant, but Ash emerged as the winner.

"I was just thinking... maybe I should give it another shot," Ash confesses.

Alice, curious, asks, "Give what another shot?"

Ash replies, surprising Alice, "Competing in Gyms and challenging Leagues again."

Alice expresses her surprise, "But you've already achieved so much! You're the Champion of Alola, Paldea, and the World Champion. Aren't you satisfied with your accomplishments?"

Ash frowns, admitting, "That's precisely why I couldn't sleep... I've been wrestling with the same thoughts. What do you think, Alice?"

Alice takes a deep breath and leans on Ash's shoulder, assuring him, "Regardless of the choice you make, I'll always support you."

A smile forms on Ash's face as he suggests, "How about we make things interesting?"

Alice, intrigued, waits for Ash to reveal his plan.

The next day, Ash and Alice find themselves at the Pokémon League Association, ready to meet with Mr. Goodshow, the president. Alice asks Ash, "Are you nervous?"

Ash admits, "Well, it's been a while since we've had a serious discussion. Even though I despised that man, I believe it's time to take action."

Upon entering Mr. Goodshow's office, he warmly greets them, saying, "Ah, if it isn't Ash Ketchum and his girlfriend. What brings you here today?"

Ash begins, "Good day, Mr. Goodshow. I've come here with a proposal. Three years ago, I was treated as a public enemy, losing everything—my friends, my Pokémon, and even my family turned their backs on me, deeming me a pathetic trainer. I was booed everywhere I went, and I nearly lost my life because of it. I've been through what felt like hell, and all of you were the demons in that hell. However, I also gained something from that experience, which is why I want to make a wager."

Mr. Goodshow starts to look concerned, inquiring, "What kind of wager are you proposing?"

Ash continues, "As you know, I am the Alola Champion, but during the time I was vilified due to Team Rocket's influence, people claimed I lost six Leagues in a row, that my victories in the Alola and Paldea Leagues were flukes, and that I cheated to defeat the Galar League Champion. So, here's the bet: I will challenge all seven Leagues again—Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Galar. If I manage to win all seven Leagues within the next seven years, I will purchase the PLA Company."