Chapter 42

Another Winter Vacation has arrived, and Alice is now just one semester away from graduating. Ash remarks, "What are the odds? You managed to secure an internship with the International Police."

Alice grins, responding, "Well, I'm sure your mom will evaluate me fairly based on my hard work, not just because she's my mother-in-law."

Ash suggests, "Since we have a break in the Kalos Region, how about we find a Pancham and evolve it into Pangoro?"

Alice nods, remembering their Hawlucha they already have for Fighting Types. "Right, we already have a Hawlucha, the same one that defeated my Mom's Spritzee and her famous Trick Room strategy, although I wasn't there to witness it."

Curious, Ash asks, "By the way, have you ever tried roller skating before?"

Alice chuckles, replying, "I used to do it a lot when I was younger. How about you?"

Ash shares, "I had some practice in the PE Class at Naranja Academy. What do you say we have a race to find a Pancham?"

Alice grins mischievously, accepting the challenge, "You're on!" They both strap on their roller skates and begin their search for a Pancham. After just 10 minutes, it's Ash who successfully finds and captures the Pancham.

Pangoro: Ability: Mold Breaker. Moves: Comet Punch, Arm Thrust, Sky Uppercut, Storm Throw, Taunt, Bullet Punch.

Hawlucha: Ability: Unburden. Moves: Swords Dance, Flying Press, Karate Chop, Submission, Sky Drop, Taunt.

Ash expresses his curiosity, "By the way, Alice... I'm really curious, how did you manage to obtain a Mega Ring, a Z Ring with so many Z Crystals, and a Dynamax Band?"

Alice explains, "Well, back in my old school, despite the bullying, the classes were actually quite decent. They organized various competitions where they'd teach about these items and have the winner receive them as a reward. My homeroom teacher was really supportive and helped me gather these items, despite many students accusing me of cheating and playing dirty."

Ash nods, appreciating her determination, and adds, "That's great. I got my Z Ring back in high school, but I obtained the Mega Ring and Dynamax Band during my time as Professor Cerise's assistant."

After returning to Sevestar Island, Ash, Alice, Mark, and Serena find themselves heading to the Galar Region's Stone-On-Side, ready for their next adventure.

Serena observes, "So this is Stow-on-Side, the place where the Fighting Gym is located."

Mark adds some context, "That's right, and the Gym Leader here is Bea, the Galar karate prodigy."

Ash reminisces, "I remember her. We had quite a few battles. I lost to her once, then the second time was a tie, and finally, I managed to win on our third encounter, during the World Coronation Series."

Curious, Serena asks, "But didn't you spend a year here in the Galar Region? If you didn't challenge the Gyms, what were you doing?"

Ash explains, "Well, during my time in Galar, I was still a student at the Naranja Academy. While I could have skipped a grade, I still had to attend classes. Also, I spent a significant portion of my time in the Crown Tundra and the Isle of Armor because my Mom asked me to train with Master Mustard at the Fighting Dojo."

Mark chimes in, "I've heard of him. Some say he had a special task that would grant you the secret armor of the dojo. Did you manage to obtain it?"

Ash nods with pride, "I did. It's an Urshifu, and I trained in the Tower of Darkness, so it's the Single Strike Style."