Chapter 92

When Ash and the others return to Pallet Town, they are immediately recognized by the townspeople. Everyone is overjoyed to see Ash returning home, but their happiness turns to fear when they spot Insey with him. Delia is also present and greets them warmly. However, before they can engage in conversation, they overhear someone saying, "Why is the Bug Witch with Ash Ketchum?" "Is she going to cause trouble?" "She brings bad luck! Our town is doomed!"

Ash and his group bristle with anger at the hurtful comments. Delia notices Insey with them and frowns, inquiring, "Ash? Is that Insey? Where did you find her?"

"We found her in the forest," Ash replies. "Insey here has done nothing wrong. She has a unique ability to befriend Bug-type Pokémon, but she never intended to harm anyone. Despite that, everyone insists on calling her the Bug Witch. I can't stand for it, so we're going to help her investigate the whole situation."

Suddenly, Insey's anger flares up as she spots a woman and a man approaching. They turn out to be Insey's parents, as she had described them, both known to be poachers. Insey confronts them, saying, "Well, if it isn't Mom and Dad. What brings you here?"

A hint of annoyance surfaces in their expressions as they respond, "Weren't you banned from entering Pallet Town? How did you manage to get back in?" Behind their feigned smiles, it's clear they are upset to see her here again.

"I had the World Champion's assistance," Insey asserts. "And you're no longer my parents. You disowned me and falsely accused me of being the wicked Bug Witch who intended to terrorize Pallet Town!"

"Insey, we're sorry, we weren't thinking clearly, we..." the man begins.

Insey cuts him off, her tone resolute. "Save your apologies. I've had to endure life alone because of both of you! Right now, Ash Ketchum and I have business to attend to, so kindly leave us alone."

The woman grows incensed and retorts, "Is that how you speak to your parents? Where are your manners?"

"Why should I display manners to both of you?" Insey responds, her tone now frigid. "You two are poachers!"

Gasps fill the air as everyone present learns the shocking truth. The individuals before Insey are indeed poachers. Ash steps forward and declares, "Insey sought our help to report both of you for your crimes. You are under arrest."

Both poachers are initially stunned, but their shock quickly turns to rage. The man makes a move to grab Insey's arm, but Minami swiftly intervenes, slashing his arm away. She firmly states, "If you want to reach her, you'll have to get through us."

Golly adds, "Indeed. As members of the International Police, you two are under arrest for illegal hunting."

The commotion attracts the attention of Gary, Tracy, and Professor Oak, who emerge from the lab. Professor Oak inquires, "What's happening here?"

Gary gazes in their direction and comments, "Is that Ash? It looks like he's confronting two individuals with some help..."

Before long, police cars arrive on the scene, and law enforcement officers assist Ash and the others in restraining the poachers. The two culprits scream as they are hauled away.

"Insey, are you alright?" Ash inquires, his concern evident as the police cars drive off. "They didn't harm you, did they?"

"No, I'm fine. Thank you for having them arrested. I truly want to see them face the consequences for their actions," Insey responds with a small, relieved smile.

"Your birth parents are truly cruel," Alice sighs. "Accusing you of being the evil Bug Witch? Who in their right mind would do such a thing?"

Ash inquires, "Regarding our offer, what do you think?"