Chapter 7

It's a day after Ash and Alice have assumed the identities of Dean and Whith, and they're diligently researching every outfit that has been recorded in the diary. Alice observes, "I've noticed that there are only women's clothes in the diary. What do you say we try creating some male outfits for a change?"

"Well, maybe Dad didn't aspire to be a model like your mom, but I'm not my father. I'd love to give modeling a shot," Ash responds.

"Are you sure about that? I mean, if we're following the diary's instructions, there's no guidance on crafting male outfits," Alice expresses her concern.

"Don't worry about it. Creating male clothing is much simpler than designing for women," Ash reassures her. "I thought you'd know that, considering your family's background in fashion."

Alice wears a slight frown as she responds, "Our family specializes in traditional clothing like yukata and kimono, which cater to both men and women. Truth be told, after sewing alongside you, I've developed a preference for crafting modern outfits."

After spending some quality time working together, they successfully create a couple of stylish male outfits. Ash confidently slips into one of them and struts around with a charming demeanor. He asks, "So, Alice, how do I look?"

Alice, on the other hand, is caught off guard, her cheeks reddening as she gazes at him. Ash notices her reaction and decides to break the silence. "Alice, if you keep staring, I might just have to walk away."

Startled, Alice quickly responds, "No!" Her voice is surprisingly loud, making Ash jump a bit. She composes herself and continues, "I mean, you look great in those clothes."

A pleased smile tugs at Ash's lips as he responds, "I'm glad you think so." They continue their work, creating several more outfits, some of which are entirely new and tailored for the younger generation.

After creating an abundance of outfits, they decide it's time to store them away in the castle's closet. However, when they attempt to do so, Ash can't help but chuckle, "I think we might have gone a bit overboard, don't you think?"

Alice smiles, her eyes sparkling with a mischievous glint. "Don't worry, Ash. We can always put them up for sale online and make some money out of it. Plus, you have to admit, there will be plenty of eager fans awaiting the return of Dean and Whith."

Ash nods in agreement. "Online sales sound like a fantastic idea. But we should also set up a physical store. Luckily, there's an abandoned store in Lumiose City. It used to be the flagship store of D&W, and I'm surprised no one has tried to reclaim it, not even the government."

Concern creases Alice's brow. "But if you go there, won't you be exposing yourself to the public? What if someone recognizes you? I don't want you to get hurt again..."

Ash reassures her with a grin. "Fear not, my dear. As Dean and Whith, we won't be Ash and Alice. Besides, if we need extra security, we can always don these." Ash reveals a pair of green cloaks, and with the assistance of Mew's teleportation, they arrive in Lumiose City, completely unnoticed. They approach the store, its sign now worn and dark, with a few cracks visible in its façade.

"So, this is the store," Ash remarks as they peer inside the dusty establishment, taking in the sight of neglected mannequins and hangers. Fortunately, the key they found attached to the diary grants them access, but the air inside is heavy with dust.

"Geez, I know this place hasn't been open for years, but this is ridiculously dusty," Alice comments, coughing as she speaks.

"Don't worry. I have a Legendary Pokémon that can help us with that," Ash reassures her. He summons Shaymin, who surveys the unkempt interior and remarks, "What is this place? It looks like it hasn't been cleaned in ages."