Chapter 44

After emerging victorious in the Unova League with remarkable ease, Ash earns the opportunity to challenge the Elite Four. Before taking on this formidable task, he and Alice decide to journey to the Hoenn Region in search of Dragon-type Pokémon.

They encounter a Swablu on Route 114, and through training and care, it evolves into a majestic Altaria. Further exploration leads them to a Mega Stone for Altaria to achieve Mega Evolution. Continuing their quest, they come across a Bagon at Meteor Falls, and they also uncover the Mega Stone needed for its Mega Evolution.

As they conclude their successful endeavors, they are taken by surprise when a Pokémon lands in front of them, embracing Ash warmly. Ash chuckles and says, "Latias, I missed you too."

Alice is astonished by the appearance of Latias and asks, "You know this Latias?"

"Yeah, we've crossed paths in Alto Mare. I assume you're no longer living there?" Ash inquires.

Latias shakes her head and proceeds to utilize Teleport, transporting them to the Southern Island.

"This is the Southern Island," Latias announces. Suddenly, Latios appears before them, surprising everyone. Ash questions, "But how? I thought you were turned into a Soul Dew..."

Latios explains, "Arceus revived me because we're going to join your team."

Ash and Alice are overjoyed by this unexpected turn of events, knowing that with Latios and Latias assisting them, their travels will become significantly easier. With the Eon Pokémon offering them a ride, they make their way to the Sky Pillar and discover Rayquaza waiting there. To their astonishment, Rayquaza is a Shiny Legendary Pokémon.

"A Shiny Legendary Pokémon?" Alice gasps in awe.

Ash recalls, "I remember this one. It helped me when Hoopa went on a rampage." Rayquaza recognizes Ash and decides to join his team.

Altaria: Ability: Cloud Nine/Pixilate (Mega). Moves: Refresh, Sky Attack, Dragon Breath, Dragon Dance, Dragon Pulse, Alluring Voice.

Salamence: Ability: Moxie/Aerilate (Mega). Moves: Return, Ember, Dual Wingbeat, Fly, Dragon Breath, Dragon Tail.

Latias: Ability: Levitate. Moves: Reflect Type, Guard Split, Mist Ball, Psycho Shift, Dragon Pulse, Charm.

Latios: Ability: Levitate. Moves: Simple Beam, Luster Purge, Psycho Shift, Telekinesis, Dragon Pulse, Memento.

Rayquaza (Shiny): Ability: Air Lock/Delta Stream (Mega). Moves: Hyper Beam, Dragon Ascent, Fly, Hurricane, Rest, Outrage.

Back in Unova, Ash and Alice venture into Mistralton Cave and encounter an Axew, which they nurture and evolve into a formidable Haxorus. Following this success, they make their way to Dragonspiral Tower in pursuit of capturing a Druddigon.

"The Dragonspiral Tower... it's undoubtedly the oldest tower in the Unova region," Alice remarks.

Ash agrees, saying, "Indeed."

As they reach the deepest part of the tower, they are met by two imposing Dragons.

"Reshiram... the Dragon of truth, and Zekrom, the Dragon of ideals..." Alice gasps in awe.

"It's good to see both of you again," Ash greets them, and the two Dragons roar in response. Alice inquires, "Let me guess, you have a history with them?"

Ash reminisces, "Yeah, Zekrom stole Pikachu's electricity on my first day in Unova, and Reshiram was Team Plasma's target."

Reshiram speaks, "We've also heard that you've reformed the new Team Plasma."